• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My modest Tootal collection:

1656300_633681173348459_1997628128_n.jpg

And my favourite:

1796704_633680726681837_866684888_n.jpg

Last edited:

browniecj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Inks

Reaction score

My favourite old scarf. Made by Joxtons. Lost at Christmas because of drunkenness. Mislaid somewhere between the pub in Ladbroke Grove, and the bench I woke up on in Neasden Parade. (Neasden wasn't on my way home, and I have no idea how I got there. Still had my hat on though.)
Those damn mischievous Whisky Fairies !

Last edited:

browniecj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My favourite old scarf. Made by Joxtons. Lost at Christmas because of drunkenness. Mislaid somewhere between the pub in Ladbroke Grove, and the bench I woke up on in Neasden Parade. (Neasden wasn't on my way home, and I have no idea how I got there. Still had my hat on though.) Those damn mischievous Whisky Fairies !
That is some going Mate,mind you I cannot talk.I went from Kentish Town to North Woolwich (E16,where I supposed to have got off))and back to Kentish Town,during a night out.Lucky I knew someone who lived there as the Train was the last one. :D

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Cleav,A very nice collection,although I admire the paisley and the patterned ones,I would be more likely to wear the dot ones too.

I have usually seen them worn with a Crombie type coat,what do you wear yours with ?

Cern, took a quick pic on the school run as promised:

@Mr Knightley Love that Tootal, even better close up. Great colours.

And @Inks that's got to hurt, losing that. How it went AWOL made me smile though, but still got to hurt.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cern, took a quick pic on the school run as promised:

@Mr Knightley Love that Tootal, even better close up. Great colours.

And @Inks that's got to hurt, losing that. How it went AWOL made me smile though, but still got to hurt.
You must have been the best-dressed parent on the school run!

Yes, losing a scarf like that would be tragic!

bunty

Reaction score
That's Brownie's find, I've not seen it in it's entirety before.

Crowd better dressed than the band :)

Last edited:

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just for the heck of it, I thought I would share my top 10 Rocksteady tracks with you. I've ranked them, but according to my mood I could easily turn the ranking on its head. Some of these I had back in the day; stuff like this was what I used to listen to at the West Indian record shop in Deptford. They're all probably available on YouTube.

10. The Tide is High - The Paragons

9. Hold Them - Roy Shirley

8. Tougher than Tough (Rudie in Court) - Derrick Morgan

7. I'm in a Dancing Mood - Delroy Wilson

6. Girl I've Got a Date - Alton Ellis

=4. Take it Easy - Hopeton Lewis
Take it Easy - Prince Buster
[Two versions of the same song. I won't include Joyce Bond's UK-produced 'Do The Teasy']

3. Fu Manchu - Desmond Dekker
[was in two minds between this and his classic '007'. 'Fu Manchu' is kind of early Reggae rather than pure Rocksteady, but I love his vocals on this track.]

2. Train to Skaville - The Ethiopians

1. It's Raining - The Three Tops.

I've probably said this before, but was I alone in thinking that something had gone terribly wrong with the music business when Desmond Dekker stopped singing in Patois (i.e. at the time of 'You Can Get It If You Really Want It')? Glossy marketing and 'production values' took over a vibrant music that knew where it came from.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics