• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mercedes S65 or Bentley Continental GT?

princemarko

Reaction score
Guys, thanks for all your replies and comments.

I'm going with the Mercedes S65. Its roomy, its subtle and the performance is stellar. I found a couple 2007 used in the $90's. The decision was made because of the long term maintenance costs and space.

hypersonic

Reaction score
Congratulations ...it is a fantastic vehicle
worship.gif

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by J'aimelescravates
Excellent choice sir
From personal experience, I must say that you will enjoy it completely

In hindsight: bottom of the line Bentley vs. top of the line Mercedes - really no question
smile.gif

Is it really a bad Bentley? I was under the impression that all Bentleys are good.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by J'aimelescravates
Excellent choice sir
From personal experience, I must say that you will enjoy it completely

In hindsight: bottom of the line Bentley vs. top of the line Mercedes - really no question
smile.gif

Couldn't agree more. Great choice on the S65. Enjoy!

princemarko

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Is it really a bad Bentley? I was under the impression that all Bentleys are good.

No, the Bentley's are fantastic cars. The Continental GT has absolutely no room in it whatsoever. My friend who is 6'2 could not extend his legs fully in the front passenger seat. The Flying Spur, just didnt do it for me. I just didnt fancy the styling of it, it kind of looked like a Hyundai from a distance to me.

The Mercedes S65's performance, reliability and ease to service compared to the Bentley just overtook it.

Really, I was extraordinarily impressed with the Mercedes in a way I thought I was going to be the Bentley.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Enjoy your S65, just now may be the best time in the last 50 years to buy a used high performance car at a decent price. Although maybe another 6 months, 1 year - who knows?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lucky7
Get you're great lease price, great service, and driving vehicle. I also choose to own a MB as well. I was simply stating that the TMV of the vehicle is far less than MB estimates when you are to turn the car back in. Also, the next time you are in NJ make sure to see the other db mobiles parked in my stable (all of which I own outright.) I'm sure you'll consider my BMW Alpina b7 a d-bag mobile too...

Did some research on the AMG. Wow, that thing really does sink like a brick! I stand corrected on that. I'm still using the MB leasing though, as it's a real boon to the price of a lease.

Lucky, first, the odds of my going to NJ? Slim to none
smile.gif
And second, only dbs have "fleets" and "stables" of cars.

Just kidding.
inlove.gif

Lucky7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Did some research on the AMG. Wow, that thing really does sink like a brick! I stand corrected on that. I'm still using the MB leasing though, as it's a real boon to the price of a lease.

Lucky, first, the odds of my going to NJ? Slim to none
smile.gif
And second, only dbs have "fleets" and "stables" of cars.

Just kidding.
inlove.gif

Hahha. A true gentlmen.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by princemarko
No, the Bentley's are fantastic cars. The Continental GT has absolutely no room in it whatsoever. My friend who is 6'2 could not extend his legs fully in the front passenger seat. The Flying Spur, just didnt do it for me. I just didnt fancy the styling of it, it kind of looked like a Hyundai from a distance to me.

The Mercedes S65's performance, reliability and ease to service compared to the Bentley just overtook it.

Really, I was extraordinarily impressed with the Mercedes in a way I thought I was going to be the Bentley.

I doubt you'll be disappointed with your decision. Enjoy!!!

princemarko

Reaction score
The car has a subtle beauty about it. Its a car that a serious car lover would appreciate in my opinion.

black-mercedes-amg-s65-with-black-tinted-windows-and-chrome-allow-wheels-car-reviews.jpg

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by princemarko
The car has a subtle beauty about it. Its a car that a serious car lover would appreciate in my opinion.

Yep, I agree.

mert54

Reaction score
Where do you live, if you are in LA go with the Bentley, most other places, the MB. You want to stand out, but not be in the Bentley while everyone else is in a Honda. I used to have my Ferrari in the East Bay area (Oakland, Berkeley) and I got a lot of looks, and it wasn't right having it there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads