• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like a AS Moore clone is up as well.

Between this and the Chelsea boot, I think I want both! Does Meermin charge for shipping on both since they are separate GMTOs or can I get them to waive the shipping fee on one?

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Between this and the Chelsea boot, I think I want both! Does Meermin charge for shipping on both since they are separate GMTOs or can I get them to waive the shipping fee on one?

Contact them, they will either apply the discount to the orders (eg if you add multiple items to your cart the subsequent items only add a portion of the original flat charge to the shipping costs) or they will just charge you the single flat fee as they did on my last multiple order.

Likewise I am pretty keen for the one in your picture but would prefer to see some real life pictures of the chestnut.

sarteaga

Reaction score

Tell them to ship them together and just hold on to the pair until the other is done. Currently they are doing that with my 2 GMTO's.

mackmittonz

Reaction score
I purchased a pair of the Meermin Linea Maestro double monks and although I really like how they look and fit, there's an annoying squeak every time I take a step with my right foot. I emailed the Meermin contact email but so far no one has responded. I even included a link to a video of the shoe squeaking as I moved my foot which I figured would've sparked some form of response.

It's been a couple days so maybe they're busy but I would think Meermin would want to rectify this situation. Does anyone have a suggestion on how best to proceed? These shoes literally squeaked coming out of the box once pressure was applied to the balls of my right foot.

Last edited:

UnnamedPlayer

Reaction score
Carmina seem to squeak as well as my meermins.
Must be something to do with the construction method used by these spanish manufacturers.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Really? How many of you have this issue? Do you know where it's coming from and have any of you been able to fix it?

Last edited:

The_International

Reaction score

Really? How many of you have this issue? Do you know where it's coming from and have any of you been able to fix it?

I had this issue on a pair of classic line shoes. I could not pinpoint where the squeaking was coming from, but when I brought them to my cobbler for a resole, upon receiving them back, the squeaking was gone.

I didn't bother contacting Meermin. Their delays in responding and the thought of having to potentially ship them to Spain was enough for me to address the issue on my own.

mackmittonz

Reaction score
Seems like Meermin's customer service leaves a little something to be desired...Really disappointing. For the record I have 4 pairs of Carminas and none of them squeak.

achl354

Reaction score
can someone share some experience on how the Olfe last fits relatively to other brand's lasts (e.g. C&J 337, AS, Alden, Vass F/U lasts, etc)

looking to pull the trigger on their plum museum but sizing is my last concern

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meermin has always responded back to my messages within 24 hours but the key is to keep your messages short, concise, and free of potentially confusing English words/phrases/slang. Usually a one sentence question/comment is best. While that may not be exactly what I'd call outstanding customer service it's the reality of the matter and part of the equation for how they set their prices so low.

MTLinStyle

Reaction score
Just got a pair of these, will post pictures when possible.

Live in Toronto and got dinged for $144 in taxes and duties
baldy[1].gif
. Gotta love Canada!

Pseudo90

Reaction score
Hi guys, newbie here. Does anyone know if the size conversion from Edetal to Meermin's hiro? Im a size 38 for Edetal

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

NeedStyleHelp

Reaction score
Interesting. I remember paying attention to this for the industry I'm in, but didn't cross my mind that it would have a bigger impact on something far more important, my indulgence in European clothing!

ivanswk

Reaction score
Any update hehe...
Hi Guys, We hope you are doing great! We wanted just to share some pictures with you of the new Japanese Shell we are working with. This Shell Cordovan is one of the best we have ever seen, super clean, with a super transparent finishing and very beautiful colors. The material very well tanned, pit tanned & air dried for a total of about 10 months, but the result is worth it, a thick & supple shell cordovan with a very compact fiber that will make great shoes. We are very happy to be able to bring you some different options made with this beautiful material, that will be available in the coming weeks. Said that, currently the sourcing of this material is very limited and because of that there will be just a run for every make up offered this time, but we have been assured that the supply will improve by the beginning of 2015. Here are some poor quality pictures of what we are preparing with the light brown/cognac Shell, we will have some better ones once the samples are finished. We will keep you updated! Thanks! Meermin

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrimFandango