• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

grouch

Reaction score

prozach1576

Reaction score
MTO details sound awesome. Now I just need to figure out whether I am a 8 or 8.5 in the Olfe last. I think I'm most accurately a true 9D in US sizing. Does the Olfe run true to size? My feet are pretty average in shape, nothing difficult to fit like especially flat or high arches.

I recently got a pair of Aldens in 9D on the Barrie last and while I'm keeping them, an 8.5D would definitely have been a better fit if it had been available to me.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Folks I need little help with sizing. Can anyone recommend Olfe or Hiro last size based on following

C&J 337 = 10 E
G&G CG06 = 10.5 E
EG 82/888 = 10.5 E
Carmina Rain = 10 E
AS 109 = 10 F
Church's 173 = 10 F
JL Phillip II 7000 = 10

many thanks in advance.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ofle and Hiro fit about the same right? Like Hiro in terms of width but could spare a little I think

Also for lasted trees, I got their standard tress on my MTO and it's a terrible fit. The upper part sticks up so the buckles are kinda stretched and it doesn't fill out vamp of shoe as it's too thin

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ofle is marked as E, Hiro is marked as EE on Meermin website. My wide feet would have to go for the Hiro last for a better fit.

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Little help please gents? Does anyone know if the Olfe last is wider than New Rey? Luisa stated I could size up a half from UK9 but the Rey is fine lengthwise, just a bit snug in the toebox. Thanks in advance!

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^yes

Folks I need little help with sizing. Can anyone recommend Olfe or Hiro last size based on following
C&J 337 = 10 E
G&G CG06 = 10.5 E
EG 82/888 = 10.5 E
Carmina Rain = 10 E
AS 109 = 10 F
Church's 173 = 10 F
JL Phillip II 7000 = 10
many thanks in advance.

My EG 82 10.5/11E fit very similar to Olfe 10UK

Last edited:

MCanavan6

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend good shoe trees for the Olfe and Rui lasts? I just got a pair of each and am leaning towards the Hanger Project Ultra trees but am unsure of the fit. I am looking for decent quality trees around $30/pair.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone recommend good shoe trees for the Olfe and Rui lasts? I just got a pair of each and am leaning towards the Hanger Project Ultra trees but am unsure of the fit. I am looking for decent quality trees around $30/pair.

Have you tried the shoe trees from Jos a Bank? Their best promotion is 3 pairs for $25 (buy one get two free) If the name bother you, you can just unscrew the name plate.

MCanavan6

Reaction score

Have you tried the shoe trees from Jos a Bank? Their best promotion is 3 pairs for $25 (buy one get two free) If the name bother you, you can just unscrew the name plate.

I have not, I did not figure Jos A Bank to have quality anything much less shoe trees. I'll have to check them out.

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The medium Jos. A. Bank shoe trees is almost as lasted trees in my UK 7 C&J 348's, well worth the money.

Last edited:

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have not, I did not figure Jos A Bank to have quality anything much less shoe trees. I'll have to check them out.

I'm fairly certain they buy the trees from a major shoe tree supplier. I like them better than my AE shoe trees. (they are not finished, just regular cedar, which I like)

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Khstchbe