• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

japejapejape

Reaction score
I ordered my first MTO from Meermin 30 days ago. What is the typical delivery time frame to be expected?
I was supposed to get mine in the middle of May and just now received a shipping email that they will arrive on Monday. I was told everything is delayed right now given the circumstances. Understandable but they should send out emails informing everyone

Kimistry

Reaction score
So after fixing the blemish on the front toe and cleaning up some of the excess glue on the strap, I noticed that the insole is peeling off on the inside, so I ordered some rubber cement to fix it. This is probably going to be the last time I order MTO from Meermin. Just can't deal with the QC risk. I feel like many of the people on this board generally feel like ordering online and MTO is like a big gamble and it's just not worth the headache for me. I like Meermin, don't get me wrong, but I think I'll just be buying from their stores from now on.

I'm now hoping that the Cordovan cream that I ordered will be an exact match for where I cleaned it up. If it's not, what are my options?

IMG_1243.jpeg

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So after fixing the blemish on the front toe and cleaning up some of the excess glue on the strap, I noticed that the insole is peeling off on the inside, so I ordered some rubber cement to fix it. This is probably going to be the last time I order MTO from Meermin. Just can't deal with the QC risk. I feel like many of the people on this board generally feel like ordering online and MTO is like a big gamble and it's just not worth the headache for me. I like Meermin, don't get me wrong, but I think I'll just be buying from their stores from now on.

I'm now hoping that the Cordovan cream that I ordered will be an exact match for where I cleaned it up. If it's not, what are my options?

View attachment 1408679
Saphir cordovan. I don't know why but the Burgous creams are rather unimpressive for me.

lcdx22

Reaction score
I was supposed to get mine in the middle of May and just now received a shipping email that they will arrive on Monday. I was told everything is delayed right now given the circumstances. Understandable but they should send out emails informing everyone

Thanks. Yeah I figured it would be delayed, but just wasn't sure what their standard would be outside of the current situation.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I just received a custom boot order e-mail from Meermin. Looks like Meermin may be learning some lessons from its Spanish counterpart. I must admit, I couldn’t resist to the temptation to order a pair.

AltNameTK

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Meermin's blue suede? I'm digging these from the MTO. They're a nice, rich color. But I've found blue suede generally to be drab, and I don't know if the color in the photos is really accurate or if Meermin edited them to increase the saturation.

Another question about this: It's in the Hok last, which I haven't tried before.

I'm a US 9. The Hiro in Meermin's 8 fits me fairly well, but it's a bit long, and a bit tight by the toes. What size should I get in Hok? Meermin recommends sticking to 8, but they also said they weren't certain about it being the perfect fit.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Another question about this: It's in the Hok last, which I haven't tried before.

I'm a US 9. The Hiro in Meermin's 8 fits me fairly well, but it's a bit long, and a bit tight by the toes. What size should I get in Hok? Meermin recommends sticking to 8, but they also said they weren't certain about it being the perfect fit.
I’d go 8 too. It’s just more generous around the toes.

officine

Reaction score

I’d go 8 too. It’s just more generous around the toes.
A bit more info if possible as want to take advantage of the boot MTO promotion this weekend. I'm almost in same boat as @AltNameTK. In my case the HIRO work boot fitting almost perfect with regular wool dress socks. RUI doesn't work at all for me as going down half size was still too voluminous even with fuller crew socks, and a full size down too short.

Is it your experience that HOK is closer to HIRO than RUI? Specifically, will HOK in the same size approximate HIRO at the ankle, but require a slightly fuller sock or a half-sole for the toe area? Or, should I think of going 1/2 size down?

Any info is appreciated.

Last edited:

Kalec

Reaction score
Is it just me or they don't exclude VAT for all oversea orders? And it can't be paid via paypal for no reanson.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
proflex