• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

X-post from the boot thread. Meermin "Galway" boots, darkened the shaft with cream polish. 

Great work! However, I don't understand why the Hiro boot last has such a high instep and tall toe space. I would have loved this on the Olfe or Elton last.

Last edited:

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great work! However, I don't understand why the Hiro boot last has such a high instep and tall toe space. I would have loved this on the Ofle or Elton last.
Completely agree. That last is way too bulky. Olfe is great (no experience with Elton).

rbhan12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree about the toe space, makes the boot look very bulky. The combination of the heft, shearling lining and double rubber sole make them my go to winter boot. Now just waiting on the snow...

TheBlackBruceWayne

Reaction score

Can anyone say how accurate are Meermin's delivery estimates for their MTO shoes?

I ordered a pair of green boots back in mid-September, and they said delivery would be November. Nearing the end of the month now and not a peep from Meermin.
Is this normal?

I emailed them a few weeks ago and they said the expected ship date was the 2nd half of November....still no shipping email..a week into December...gotta love Meermin

mdavis534

Reaction score
hi all,

i am interested in picking up the captoe oxford 101534 - OAK ANTIQUE CALF. The last is the elton last. I usually wear a 9.5D in AEs and a 9E on the 5 last. What is the size recommendation for the elton? Thanks in advance

Kimistry

Reaction score
hi all,

i am interested in picking up the captoe oxford 101534 - OAK ANTIQUE CALF. The last is the elton last. I usually wear a 9.5D in AEs and a 9E on the 5 last. What is the size recommendation for the elton? Thanks in advance

Interestingly, I just asked about this too because I'm interested in the same shoe. I wear 9.5 US, but wear a 7.5 UK in Olfe. Not sure if I should get the 7.5 UK for the Elton too.

I emailed them and they said it should be the same, but I'm not so sure...

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Interestingly, I just asked about this too because I'm interested in the same shoe. I wear 9.5 US, but wear a 7.5 UK in Olfe. Not sure if I should get the 7.5 UK for the Elton too. 

I emailed them and they said it should be the same, but I'm not so sure...

Why would you size down a full size?

mdavis534

Reaction score
I got a reply from them this morning and they suggested 8.5 UK. they say it is true to size regular fitting. A two or three years ago i ordered a pair on the olfe last in 8.5UK, and the fit was good. Since they recommend the same, i might just get that size.

Kimistry

Reaction score
I didn't expect to size down that much. But when I went to the store, they sized me and the 7.5 UK is what fit. That's why I'm concerned that it's only with the Olfe that I'm that size and that maybe I should buy at least a 8 UK for everything else.

Topaze

Reaction score
I'd like to buy some Meermin shoes, mostly to get familiar with the brand. I understand the value for money is excellent when (!) the shoes are defect-free, but there are reports about QC issues, so I have a couple of questions.

Has Meermin quality control improved to any noticeable extent recently or is it more or less the same as a couple of years ago?
Will buying Linea Maestro shoes improve things when it comes to QC (not overall quality)?
Will it help to ask them specifically to inspect the shoes before shipping and discard those with defects?

pine tree

Reaction score

I'd like to buy some Meermin shoes, mostly to get familiar with the brand. I understand the value for money is excellent when (!) the shoes are defect-free, but there are reports about QC issues, so I have a couple of questions.

Has Meermin quality control improved to any noticeable extent recently or is it more or less the same as a couple of years ago?
Will buying Linea Maestro shoes improve things when it comes to QC (not overall quality)?
Will it help to ask them specifically to inspect the shoes before shipping and discard those with defects?
Not really. My LM shoes are pretty sloppy and I have seen some LM shoes that isn't that well made either. That is what happens when your shoes are made in China lol. Personally I would go with another brand if your taste in shoes isn't that loud. If you have a more traditional taste in shoes, you are better off with Carmina. But if you are loud, Meermin is the only brand that won't cost you an arm and a leg.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads