• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
I have a fantastic Norvegesse tan wholecut on the Park in a 7.5 if anyone wants...bought it as a gift for a buddy, but too big for him and too small for me. I'd best take pics, eh?

burlyarab

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Can I get some help on sizing with the RON last? I'm very tempted by the new GMTO loafers in copper suede, but I'm not sure of my size: I'm a 10.5 in HIRO, and a 10 in RUI. I've seen a lot of conflicting statements about it, and I'm not sure if I should go with the same size as HIRO or size down a half. I have a fairly high instep, but my HIRO Double Monks are plenty roomy with a little heel slip.

Any advice appreciated!

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys,

Can I get some help on sizing with the RON last? I'm very tempted by the new GMTO loafers in copper suede, but I'm not sure of my size: I'm a 10.5 in HIRO, and a 10 in RUI. I've seen a lot of conflicting statements about it, and I'm not sure if I should go with the same size as HIRO or size down a half. I have a fairly high instep, but my HIRO Double Monks are plenty roomy with a little heel slip.

Any advice appreciated!

I tried researching the RON last with little luck, I took a chance that the RON last would be as my HIRO lasted shoes and found them to be a very similar fit albeit they are a chiselled last rather than the rounded HIRO. So no sizing up or down from my normal size worked for me.

Just as an aside I have a pair of RON lasted and BEN lasted shoes from Meermin and they both seem rather more "pointy" in real life than the pictures seem to suggest especially the comparative last picture that's floating about. Doesn't bother me too much just saying!!

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ron last is a very nice last for loafer, sleek but not too much.
I suggest you to order the size 10 if you have heel slippage in the hiro 10.5

I've inquired them about new SS string loafers, and they told some new models will be added to MTO page within few weeks.
I suggested a Chocolate Brown Lama Calf version, I hope they will consider it.

Those Galway boots are very nice and have lot of potential, but the wide eyelets position and spacing kill them as usual.
I would buy only loafers and monks from Meermin for this reason, really dislike this detail in their laced models.

Last edited:

bm93

Reaction score
I can't decide whether to go with a 7.5UK or 8UK in the Hiro. 8E fits me best in Allen Edmond's 5 last, though I can fit into a 8.5D after some stretching in the midfoot and toe. How narrow is the Hiro last compared to AE's 5 last?

Last edited:

TGuns

Reaction score

I can't decide whether to go with a 7.5UK or 8UK in the Hiro. 8E fits me best in Allen Edmond's 5 last, though I can fit into a 8.5D after some stretching in the midfoot and toe. How narrow is the Hiro last compared to AE's 5 last? 

I take a 9.5E in 5 last and a 9UK for the hiro so I would say the 7.5uk should be fine.

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a 10.5D (9.5 in Hiro and Olfe) I had to take a 9 in Ron to avoid heel slip. They stretched a little (were very snug new), but still pinch my pinky toe a little. 9.5 would have been too big.

riton

Reaction score
I just received my GMTO shearling lined boots and I have rough dried glue stains at various parts on the shearling, not the "silk feeling" as claimed by Meermin.

Quite disappointed by the QC.

wdahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my cognac shell LWB today. First off, they are amazing, glad I sized the way I did. 9.5, when I wear a 9.5E Barrie, and I'd say these are absolutely spot on. Second, a nice surprise, these appear to be hand-welted, or at least they are marked as Linea Maestra, rather than Goodyear Welted on the sole and the insole. Could just be a mark of the quality, either way I'd say they did a great job. No issues at all. The quality tradeoff is that the lining leather isn't particularly high quality, feels dry and not wonderful. The shell is beautiful (but not for the "I want pristine shell" crowd, certainly has its blemishes). No stiching or punching faults anywhere to be seen.

And, at least so far, no import tariff. Fedex dropped it off, nothing on the box to indicate any customs, and unless they follow up with the bill in the mail (do they do that?), perhaps I'm in the clear.

marvaments

Reaction score
I got my cognac shell LWB today. First off, they are amazing, glad I sized the way I did. 9.5, when I wear a 9.5E Barrie, and I'd say these are absolutely spot on. Second, a nice surprise, these appear to be hand-welted, or at least they are marked as Linea Maestra, rather than Goodyear Welted on the sole and the insole. Could just be a mark of the quality, either way I'd say they did a great job. No issues at all. The quality tradeoff is that the lining leather isn't particularly high quality, feels dry and not wonderful. The shell is beautiful (but not for the "I want pristine shell" crowd, certainly has its blemishes). No stiching or punching faults anywhere to be seen.

And, at least so far, no import tariff. Fedex dropped it off, nothing on the box to indicate any customs, and unless they follow up with the bill in the mail (do they do that?), perhaps I'm in the clear.
Was hoping for some pictures...

Bill usually comes afterwards in the mail (for me at least).

marvaments

Reaction score
Quick photos of the cognac cordovan lwb. Slight discrepancy in one of the panels... Otherwise good construction

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member