• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC General Chat

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What would you get for your second blazer? I have a navy one, and I am looking at getting a dark brown herringbone one from suitsupply. Is that a good choice?

It depends on how/where you wear your sportcoats.

I have a dark brown herringbone jacket and wear it more often than my grey herringbone jacket (though I do like it very much). I am an academic so the brown herringbone works nicely for work. However I wear my grey herringbone more often socially.

Also consider climate. You could consider a warm-weather navy sportcoat (perhaps in a light navy) if your first is better suited for cooler weather, for example.

William Kazak

Reaction score
I have a darker camel color wool/cashmere blazer than someone recently gave to me. Looks new. It is a nice alternative to my Navy blazer with brass buttons. Surprisingly it has a J. Crew label inside. Suits my blonde complexion quite nicely. I wore it to dinner with a tie and with two friends. Shop colors that work well for your complexion. I have been extremely lucky thrifting and searching EBay for blazers.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It depends on how/where you wear your sportcoats.

I have a dark brown herringbone jacket and wear it more often than my grey herringbone jacket (though I do like it very much). I am an academic so the brown herringbone works nicely for work. However I wear my grey herringbone more often socially.

Also consider climate. You could consider a warm-weather navy sportcoat (perhaps in a light navy) if your first is better suited for cooler weather, for example.

Yup I’m wearing a lot more black bottom these days, so grey comes easy.

garigo

Reaction score
Tie Your Tie tie like this tie: yes or no?

070374_1600x.jpg
IMG_20240214_174640.jpg

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tie Your Tie tie like this tie: yes or no?

View attachment 2138467 View attachment 2138469
Are you asking if it’s a nice tie? If that’s the question, Yes.

Or are you asking a different question??

In general, I’d wear that tie witch beige or khaki (as stated above) I’d also wear it with navy suit or navy sport coat with khaki or beige trousers.

garigo

Reaction score
Are you asking if it’s a nice tie? If that’s the question, Yes.

Or are you asking a different question??

In general, I’d wear that tie witch beige or khaki (as stated above) I’d also wear it with navy suit or navy sport coat with khaki or beige trousers.
Yep that's the question. Think I'd mostly want to pair it with a navy suit and white shirt.

Egdon Heath

Reaction score
I’m not sure about navy suit white shirt with this tie, seems clashy
How can a navy suit and white shirt clash with anything?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads