• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC General Chat

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Selvedge blazer? What?!?!

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
as long as denim is the main feature, feel free to get all up in your hoodie

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hey MC dudes... don't forget there's another week to enter the Denim Challenge. Did I mention there are prizes?

p.s. does anyone even read the MC General Chat thread?

emptym

Reaction score
Are old pics of chambray allowed? What if it was taken in a temple of denim with the high priest?

Someone posted this oldie but goodie a couple weeks ago.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My favorite denim challenge was when :foo: challenged Simonnot Godard's chambray

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Over the Memorial Day break I took up Dapper Classics ("DC") promo offer and picked up some pants:

(Photoed are the slim fit Super 130's hopsack wool in light gray, this is a true light gray to me.)

I took some of my own measurements:

Waist across: 17.5"
Rise: 11"
Leg cuff: 8"

The size 34 ended fitting large.

Luckily I also ordered a pair in size 32 from the classic fit line, Super 130's fresco merino wool, and it fits perfectly OTR. (I might even need to let out the waist a smudge :embar:.)

Both fabrics are wonderful. I find hopsack a bit fragile and too light to my liking. I think I can get away with fresco wool in the Bay Area so I am happy to stick to it.

So, I found out about DC through the Howard Yount ("HY") affiliate thread and I read both stores use the same supplier. I also read that HY trousers back pockets sit wider toward the outseam rather than centered. I tried some HY pants before and never noticed this. I do notice this on both pairs from DC though and I am curious whether this is something new or is particular to a certain region. It looks a little off (you can see in the photos above from the side and back profile). But it's not enough of a detail to bother me as this the first time some nicer pants actually fit me well, just requires shortening the inseam. (No pocket flare!)

I say if DC can keep it up and hopefully they will sign up for an affiliate thread soon I'll be a long time supporter. Members can also provide more feedback.

I think the classic fit pattern is a good makeup. I'll definitely try out the slim fit in size 32 to gauge the variance. I did notice that sizes are sold out quick, and I am not sure how much production the mills can generate for additional restock. So, this maybe totally out the hands of DC. Hopefully I can pickup another one to two staples for my small wardrobe.

Edit:
First time really notice the rear-split waist band. Aside from reading that it helps a lot with atlerations, it is such a nice detail and convenient when folding up the pants along the crease. When it lies flat instantly...:inlove:

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I also read that HY trousers back pockets sit wider toward the outseam rather than centered. I tried some HY pants before and never noticed this. I do notice this on both pairs from DC though and I am curious whether this is something new or is particular to a certain region.

:foo:

Last edited:

emptym

Reaction score
Too much sweating otherwise?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads