• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Massdrop - Official Affiliate Thread

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quick heads up - tomorrow we're launching preorders for these Grenadine ties from Knottery NY. They're not released on his site yet, but we're going to be offering them at an introductory price. Keep an eye out!

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you know the model number you're interested in? We're working on bringing more Sea Gull to the site, and I think I remember seeing a moonphase. Also, general note - we'll be bringing back the Buday oxfords at the end of this week, for those that are interested!
The M199S!! Thanks. :)

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The M199S!! Thanks.
smile.gif

That's what I figured! I'll keep an eye out for it, I think there might be some floating around out there.
mwink[1].gif

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick heads up - tomorrow we're launching preorders for these Grenadine ties from Knottery NY. They're not released on his site yet, but we're going to be offering them at an introductory price. Keep an eye out!

Is that unlined??

Cheers,

Ac

doomx

Reaction score

8cm is too narrow.

I am not saying that its too narrow in general, but I am with you in that it's too narrow for me. Ideally you want a few different options to optimize selection for different sizes. However, I get the MASSdrop concept, and from their end if they only offer one size, 8 cm will capture the most audience. Although this drop isn't for me, I appreciate the Knottery collaboration and looking forward to similar projects (hopefully with some width variation like the Panta ties) in the future. Cheers.

doomx

Reaction score

8cm or 9cm -- I don't get what is so compelling about participating. You have to wait 2 months (and that is just an estimate) for delivery to save a few bucks off retail. Grenadines are sold everywhere these days.

Untipped with hand rolled edges are not that commonly found at this price point. Conrad Wu ties with these specs are about $85, while a Sam Hober with this config will set you back $95+ shipping. For 8 cm ties, you can try Berg&Berg, but I do not appreciate the quality of the knots they produce and are too narrow for my taste. Overall waiting two months for a staple item is not a bad deal, and that's how many of the items on Massdrop work.

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
8cm or 9cm -- I don't get what is so compelling about participating. You have to wait 2 months (and that is just an estimate) for delivery to save a few bucks off retail. Grenadines are sold everywhere these days.

In this case, they are not yet available to buy at retail price so basically you're getting them before they're available to the general public and for 15% less. But yes, there are many places to buy grenadines at varying prices and levels of quality (I think these have a particularly strong value proposition given the quality and price, but that's just my opinion).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads