• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Tough crowd.
I enjoyed it immensely and think I did quite well.
I also plan to return on Friday....
[COLOR=FF00AA]Anyone know if PS will do the alterations (for their typical rates on discounted merchandise)...or do I need to use an standalone tailor[/COLOR]?

They don't. You need to get that done on your own.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sale is decent, not great. My take -- if you are a common size -- 40R or 42R, there was not much of selection of suits and sports coats (hardly any Phineas) But there were racks of suits so other sizes were clearly better represented. Lots of loud patterns and seasonal fabrics. Outerwear -- generally weak. Not many things you would consider basics or staples. Sweaters -- quite a big selection, but I generally think PS knits are kind of atrocious. I did see 2 Inis for PS pub jackets in size M in (I think) linen. They were in a purplish blue -- not my size, but they were decent. Loads of trousers but lots of heavy plaids, but I did not look that closely.

Accessories like ties, scarves were very limited and not interesting. They had a big selection of bathing suits and pajamas that I did not look at..

Shoes -- this was by far the highlight of the sale. They had quite a decent selection of deadstock Grenson Masterpiece shoes as well as some Made in Italy shoes. By the time I left, the common sizes were pretty much picked over. So if you go tomorrow, keep your expectations low unless you are a very big or very small size.

stant62

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tough crowd.
I enjoyed it immensely and think I did quite well.
I also plan to return on Friday....
Anyone know if PS will do the alterations (for their typical rates on discounted merchandise)...or do I need to use an standalone tailor?

Agree with your sentiment - walked out with a loud PC sportcoat (was looking for something a lil more conservative business dress appropriate but yolo)

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hard2Fit, what did you end up getting?

Suits, slacks and a winter coat.
Will likely pick up a couple more suits and slacks on Friday (remaining stock permitting).
I saw quite a few trendy seasonal sport coats in my size on Wednesday but I just can't pull off the louder patterned fabrics (or perhaps I just don't want too...)

Last edited:

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dammit, I was in NYC until this morning and didn't see coats mentioned in the item listings on the email so I didn't bother. At 44-46R there's usually a decent amount in my size during sample sales

If it matters there were very few tailored coats.
Mostly S, M, L, casual cold weather jackets.

Ennius

Reaction score
Did you say 'heavy plaid trousers'???

I am actually looking for some heavy wool trousers. Any more details?

Gamekeeper trousers.... come to Daddy

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
80% off today (was expecting 90%).
Picked up a couple more items.
Great values to be had as long as you weren't looking for basics.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

80% off today (was expecting 90%).
Picked up a couple more items.
Great values to be had as long as you weren't looking for basics.

I didn't get a chance to swing by.
You should post some pics later if you can.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics