• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mad Men Season 4

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
it's actually a sound theory

borderline

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
laugh.gif

I love seeing 90s b-list celebrities resurfacing in this show. The secretary Don banged from Montreal is a Canadian actress I recognize too. The sad thing is that those are her real teeth!

And Cosgrove's father-in-law was on Twin Peaks.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
That was pretty funny.

And in that scene, I was asking myself who are all these employees at SCDP and especially where did the head of accounting come from? I don't think we've ever seen him before. I guess because Lane was out of town, he had to make the announcement?

P.S. Did Don get some new furniture in his apartment. It looked like he had bookshelves now or something.

SO bizzare how people question every little thing about the show. I guess Matty Weener was asking for it.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I really thought that Roger was going to kill himself somewhere during that episode after they showed him sitting by himself in the hotel room.

Is Heinz going to be the SDCP savior?

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by borderline
And Cosgrove's father-in-law was on Twin Peaks.

Leeland Palmer

Anyone else notice that Don Draper is a very complicated character?

Monaco

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stu
LMAO at Short New Hire raising his hand with a question, and no one could see him.

I laughed for a prolonged amount of time when that happened.

Good episode.

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if everyone on this thread is bedding some supermodel but what's with all the complaints about Megan?

Anyway, the cat got let out the bag. It looks like Sterling's plan was he had no plan and just kept waiting until the inevitable. I was almost spot on with the math 22M without the 24M Lucky Strike is about 50%. If only Draper did not give up on North American Aviation it would have been closer to 50-50 but still they would have needed another year to get it down to something manageable.

I'm surprised there are so many people in that office, especially the men. Where do most of them sit? What do they do?

Interesting they picked Rumsen to go fish for business at the funeral. Last time Peggy got looked over for the award show, she complained.

That Chaough guy drives me insane. Recruiting people when their wife is in delivery and offering hotels to your in-laws? I would have told him to sod off. It showed how little Chaough knew Campbell when he said "you can drive one [Alfa Romeo]" and he doesn't even drive.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fwiffo

That Chaough guy drives me insane. Recruiting people when their wife is in delivery and offering hotels to your in-laws? I would have told him to sod off. It showed how little Chaough knew Campbell when he said "you can drive one [Alfa Romeo]" and he doesn't even drive.

A significant number of successful people in business -- particularly sales-type business -- are sleazebags. I don't know if it's a majority, but they're out and proud. I once knew a guy who prayed with an obviously emotionally disturbed woman over the death of her son, who had died in Iraq during Desert Storm, so he could sell her a vacuum cleaner. He bragged about it.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if everyone on this thread is bedding some supermodel but what's with all the complaints about Megan?
213423984_a82afcda90.jpg

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I love the user name!

bkk

Reaction score

My track record does not include models, plus-sized or otherwise, but I was confused as to why someone let Megan out of her stall. She declined Don's invitation for a bite to eat due to the large pile of hay hiding under her desk.

bcate3

Reaction score

What was sleazier? Chaough at the waiting room or the SCDP guys at the funeral? Don demanding inside information from Faye about her disgruntled clients? Or what about Megan putting the moves on Don after telling him that she wants to do what he or Ms. Olsen does? Come to think of it, I almost give Don a pass since he was at least up front about it.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bkk
My track record does not include models, plus-sized or otherwise, but I was confused as to why someone let Megan out of her stall. She declined Don's invitation for a bite to eat due to the large pile of hay hiding under her desk.

Ha. When you're in show business (actress, model, pop singer), you present yourself to that sort of criticism. It's distracting. When I first saw her I could swear it was dentures for some overly thought out reason as per Weiner's M.O., but I was wrong so it still drives me nuts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads