• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to create a chambray shirt similar to these:

https://goo.gl/images/rsMMiy
https://goo.gl/images/EzQHc1
https://goo.gl/images/fuu2bD

But I'm not sure what fabric I should choose. This is the one I'm considering going with:

https://luxire.com/products/ah-air-blue-cotton-chambray-ypc_137684_aero_blue#/

The shirt is going to be used exclusively casually, so I'm trying to avoid anything even remotely dressy-looking. Will that fabric work? Any suggestions for fabrics that would work for me? Also, for a casual shirt, should the collar, cuffs and placket have no interlining at all? I want them to look like in the photos.

Just wanted to say the cloth stated/suggested by CDRiis is more a denim ,and NOT a cham...and I own a shirt in such cloth..its a denim. I havent yet found a true cham from lux that may age over time and fade like a classic cham. But I also have the navy slubby cham from lux....and it IS more of a tru cham...but it doesnt appear to be fading over time....I like it overall tho

it kinda fits what u desire

The Air blu is not really a cham....its kinda an open weave oxford?......and not really casual in its look

this is also well known and loved...can be dressy or cas

https://luxire.com/products/navy-chambray-by-brembana?variant=224142842#/

the one I have

https://luxire.com/products/blue-denim-slubby-chambray?variant=333765331#/

this looks promising

https://luxire.com/products/indigo-chambray-light-airy?variant=667596449#/

Last edited:

TwillPoplin

Reaction score
I have been waiting for about 6 weeks now for my latest pants order (still listed as "unfulfilled"), my earlier orders have been completed in 3-4 weeks. Is this what to expect nowadays or is it just a temporary delay going on? Not complaining, I don't want the work to rushed, just curious why it's taking longer than usual?

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just had my first order, and it took 5 weeks.

Don't lose hope!

Also, to follow up on my issues, customer service replied overnight (to be expected) and are being helpful.

MrBokito

Reaction score
Ordered two shirts two weeks ago, shipped today. Looks like shirts are still going quite fast.

Also ordered 20 samples, looking forward to my next shirts.. :)

star656

Reaction score
I have been waiting for about 6 weeks now for my latest pants order (still listed as "unfulfilled"), my earlier orders have been completed in 3-4 weeks. Is this what to expect nowadays or is it just a temporary delay going on? Not complaining, I don't want the work to rushed, just curious why it's taking longer than usual?
Trousers are on a big delay. My last pair I'm still waiting on was ordered April 12...I asked if I was to receive them by 22 June and was told they should make it by then.

Johnsson

Reaction score
I'm on 11 weeks as of today, but I admit that we made a lot of changes to my pattern. I followed up about the order and was told that it will be expedited. I'm more concerned with the outcome though, as this is take #5.

CorozoButton

Reaction score
I'm on 11 weeks as of today, but I admit that we made a lot of changes to my pattern. I followed up about the order and was told that it will be expedited. I'm more concerned with the outcome though, as this is take #5.

I placed an order for a single shirt when I was told that it was about 10 day lead time. Luxire have a jacket of mine they measured that I need back desperately and said that it would be expedited and should ship in around one week. That was 16 days ago now and still hasn't shipped. I did ask if Luxire had a new backlog/weren't able to expedite it in the end and didn't get a response to that question, so I'm not entirely convinced that their prioritising/expediting claims actually mean much, if anything. Best of luck with take 5 though!

Quesjac

Reaction score
I think there's a bottleneck on new / modified trouser patterns because of a big increase in interest a couple of months back.

I just received an order though and it's all great. Summer polos and some new trousers.

20180615070643_IMG_1961.JPG

CDRiis

Reaction score
Thanks for the elaborate reply - my creditcard is now burning in my pocket.
Please get back to me on the jacketing, though I'm in no hurry - a piece as bold as that needs to be thought through. :)

Edit: ordered both - @paddyo I'll buy you a beer next time in CPH, if they get here before this heatwave ends.

Just for reference - I just received the email from FedEx we all know and love - they should deliver on monday. :)
I think three weeks is a very nice turnaround for custom made shirts of Lux's quality standard. However I do think there's a bit of overpromising going on at the moment. Over mail I was promised a deadline that ended up being passed by about a week.

Personally I prefer a (mild) underpromise and an overdeliver. But at the end of the day, I'm a huge fan of Lux.

PS: they actually split my order because the third shirting is MIA.

Quesjac

Reaction score
On the topic of trousers: I'm putting together a trouser cloth guide, to go with the shirt guide.

20180617080824_IMG_1973.JPG

I've PM'd a few of you, but I'll make one more general request: please tell me your favourites, especially if you think they are under-rated.

If you can share a photo too that would be amazing, but any opinions would be helpful. Especially interested in the more ususual cloths, eg. worsted wools in not-grey; patterned trousers; linen/canvas/jute; moleskin, etc., but any and all opinions are welcome, by reply on this thread or by PM.

I'd especially welcome thoughts from the Luxire 'power users' who are sometimes on this thread (@patliean1 @emptym @taxgenius @NOBD @SimonC @CruzAzul @DavidLane @sugarbutch etc ) but appreciate we're all busy people. Cheers!

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the topic of trousers: I'm putting together a trouser cloth guide, to go with the shirt guide.

View attachment 991617

I've PM'd a few of you, but I'll make one more general request: please tell me your favourites, especially if you think they are under-rated.

If you can share a photo too that would be amazing, but any opinions would be helpful. Especially interested in the more ususual cloths, eg. worsted wools in not-grey; patterned trousers; linen/canvas/jute; moleskin, etc., but any and all opinions are welcome, by reply on this thread or by PM.

I'd especially welcome thoughts from the Luxire 'power users' who are sometimes on this thread (@patliean1 @emptym @taxgenius @NOBD @SimonC @CruzAzul @DavidLane @sugarbutch etc ) but appreciate we're all busy people. Cheers!

I’ll sort something out - I am almost afraid to gather all my Luxire trousers together but it would be good to have resource for those thinking about different cloths.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads