• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really hope that along with Luxire's new website, they work out some of the kinks in their fabric availability and ordering.

I've had multiple orders cancelled in the last six months because they ran out of fabric or had to order some and something got messed up. I've been waiting four solid months for an order because of various shenanigans getting some Brisbane Moss fabrics. That order only happened because a previous order (from a summer sale, I think) had multiple fabrics sold out without the prospect of being reordered.

Kind of irritating waiting half a year for an uncomplicated order when other things go through in a week (especially seeing similar fabrics up on the Thanksgiving doorbusters while I'm waiting months to get mine). It feels like, in the rush to offer so many fabrics (many of which aren't kept in-house), that they're outgrown their ability to manage the fabric stock effectively.

I'm still a big Luxire booster, but this is starting to turn into the norm with my last couple orders and it's blunting my enthusiasm more than a little.

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For someone who passed on the recent Minnis flannel sale and subsequently ripped his pair of mid-grey flannels, what are some good Luxire options? I do not see a Minnis mid-grey option. I found a 14 oz Dugdale worsted flannel option. The VBC look too light at 9 oz. Anything else I should take a look at?

soaped

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my order from Thanksgiving. Awesome pants all around. Pardon the wrinkles - fresh out of the box.

Picked up 2 lightweight flannels (VBC wheat/brown & green/black), the off-white flannel, and a 9 wale cord.

Last edited:

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excellent haul sir!

Patentially waiting for my navy heavyweight Fresco trousers to be completed from the sale. Hopefully they should be soon.

Thrifter

Reaction score
@Luxire - any plans to expand the denim selection? My well-loved Luxire selvedge jeans are due to be replaced but I'm interested in some additional denim selections. It would be nice to have some slubbier raw denims, some higher contrast fading, heavier weight (20oz +) etc.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I really hope that along with Luxire's new website, they work out some of the kinks in their fabric availability and ordering.

I've had multiple orders cancelled in the last six months because they ran out of fabric or had to order some and something got messed up. I've been waiting four solid months for an order because of various shenanigans getting some Brisbane Moss fabrics. That order only happened because a previous order (from a summer sale, I think) had multiple fabrics sold out without the prospect of being reordered.

Kind of irritating waiting half a year for an uncomplicated order when other things go through in a week (especially seeing similar fabrics up on the Thanksgiving doorbusters while I'm waiting months to get mine). It feels like, in the rush to offer so many fabrics (many of which aren't kept in-house), that they're outgrown their ability to manage the fabric stock effectively.

I'm still a big Luxire booster, but this is starting to turn into the norm with my last couple orders and it's blunting my enthusiasm more than a little.

Working really hard on it. We have some good fabric management features on the new website and hopefully fewer orders will be cancelled or delayed.

Let me explain the issue:
After we get the fabric, we add to the website that we have the cloth for x shirts. Say 50 shirts for 100m of fabric. Some shirts require more fabric and some require less. Some may want a matching pocket square, some an extra collar, some get damaged in making, some may need a remake etc etc.
Nearing the end of the roll, we would have a couple of shirt worth of fabric extra or we will be short. These are the ones that have the email sent about fabric running out.
---------------------------------

In the new site, we intend to have each cut from the roll recorded thus having a more effective mechanism to check what has run out. Also, there will be an estimated delivery date for each item based on stock availability and our own production cycle times.
---------------------------------
We try and keep track of the issues customers face and work hard on finding solutions to them. These feedbacks are important so do keep them coming.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Luxire - any plans to expand the denim selection? My well-loved Luxire selvedge jeans are due to be replaced but I'm interested in some additional denim selections. It would be nice to have some slubbier raw denims, some higher contrast fading, heavier weight (20oz +) etc.

Glad to add more. We have a good amount of options so will need to know what is the kind we should add.

Jeroen Vriend

Reaction score

Received my order from Thanksgiving. Awesome pants all around. Pardon the wrinkles - fresh out of the box.

Picked up 2 lightweight flannels (VBC wheat/brown & green/black), the off-white flannel, and a 9 wale cord.

Is it worth the $199 for VBC off white flannel?

Surging

Reaction score
I would also be in the market for some raw denim. Currently, it's pretty rare to get that custom made, I think.

Thrifter

Reaction score

Glad to add more. We have a good amount of options so will need to know what is the kind we should add.

My first response is "add as many choices as possible!" but my top priority right now is a raw denim that produces high contrast fades (like Samurai jeans do).

flvinny521

Reaction score
I know I am late to the party, and not a bigtimer in the SF or Luxire world, but this is certainly not the first time that a private disagreement between Luxire and a client has been aired out in public and/or not handled in a comforting, professional manner. I hope that saying so will not prevent me from placing future orders, but Luxire is nowhere in the same tier of customer service as many other SF affiliates. Establishing a policy that some don't agree with is one thing: a prospective client can simply choose not to do business. However, for an active client to be cut off for such a trivial matter is absolutely insane. If there were any true competition to Luxire at their price point, I bet the attitude would change very quickly.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't doubt that some people have had frustrating experiences with Luxire. I can report that my own experiences have been very positive. I've placed a few orders, and Ashish and company have been helpful and professional. Like many people here, I'm looking forward to a website with more features.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads