• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AwfullyNiceGuy

Reaction score
I stand corrected. Also Guinness guinness guinness(promise I will never get it wrong again!).
cheers.gif

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I didnt think you west coasters would need these sweaters... so I did tailor the start time for the east coast / Europe.

Valid point, it was about 70 this morning walking my dog, still like to have a pile of knits that I never wear though!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Valid point, it was about 70 this morning walking my dog, still like to have a pile of knits that I never wear though!

Still the M in blue and L in green crewnecks... and if you like to just look at them, feel free to scoop up all the XL toggle cardigans :D

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you manage to get a hold of those sweaters for the ladies I'd put down for 2 or more.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

If you manage to get a hold of those sweaters for the ladies I'd put down for 2 or more.

None for the chicks man. This ones for us.

Arent you an XL?

Measurements for the charcoal one button shawl in L?

Sorry so late, sent you a PM too -

Pit to pit - 22"
Shoulder seams across - 21"
Sleeves from seam - 24"
Length from shoulder - 31"

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just got an email...

Dear Spoo......

...........send you something................really awesome......................brand new.............................Casentino.......................you interested?

um.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The answer is yes.

eviltimeban

Reaction score
Quote:
Dude your posts are all the PR you'll ever need! ;-) But sure!

Saw U2 in Slane Castle in 2001 - was a great gig. The thing about Slane that people don't realise however, is that it is virtually impossible to get out of. It took us something like 4 hours to get home, and we are only about an hour from Slane, if not less. Organisation - not so good. What a lot of people do now is go camping - or "glamping" - fancy tents with beds (a yurt). There's a site right by Slane, we stayed there one night last summer, the kids loved it.

Oh I met Bono once, had a nice chat in his car. And Larry lives down the road from me. And their studio is about a 5 minute walk from my office. For reals!

Never had corned beef and cabbage in my life to be honest - I prefer Japanese food!
wink.gif
Again, there's a vast divide between country and city - you'll get the cabbage and ham thing in the rural areas, but the cities are more cosmopolitan. Not sure if you've ever been to Ireland or Dublin, but its one of the good things about it I guess - having such disparate cultures often within 30 minutes of each other.

I personally don't drink Guinness - but a lot of people do, that's not a myth. There's a growing interest in craft beers in Dublin, so that's gotten pretty good, but again the country would be quite Guinness-centric, although Heineken and Bud are just as popular. However some of the best Guinness I ever had was in Kinsale in Kerry. And another pub called the Gravediggers in Dublin. Mulligans too Ac, you're right. You can't drink Guinness anywhere but Ireland really.

As for women... well... all I'll say is that recently a lot of eastern European and Russian women have moved here... putting our girls to shame! But there are some stunning examples of Irish girls. I'm proud to say I'm married to one of them!
cool.gif

Anyway sorry for derailing the thread even further. Sláinte, as we say. We also say "havin' the craic" and "ah sure that's grand".

eviltimeban

Reaction score

LEVOOSH

Reaction score
Guys - just received a pair of the Lodger captoes from Spoo. As always, Spoo is in the top 1% of online sellers. Really great to deal with.

Re the shoes : Do not sleep on these! They are at least on par with CJ benchgrade and AS. The last for the captoes is slim and shapely with a beautiful waist and a great rounded toes. It is a perfect classic shoe. GO BUY THE REMAINING PAIRS ASAP. You will not be disappointed.

Silhouette

Reaction score
Guys - just received a pair of the Lodger captoes from Spoo. As always, Spoo is in the top 1% of online sellers. Really great to deal with.

Re the shoes : Do not sleep on these! They are at least on par with CJ benchgrade and AS. The last for the captoes is slim and shapely with a beautiful waist and a great rounded toes. It is a perfect classic shoe. GO BUY THE REMAINING PAIRS ASAP. You will not be disappointed.

Ssshhhhh, shaddap. I was going to lay my hands on at least one more pair. I have not yet received my first pair though so I can't make a judgement on wether what you state is true. By the way; did they deliever the shoes all the way to your door? Or were shoes left at a postal office?

Last edited:

LEVOOSH

Reaction score
@JezeC

Will post pics when I get home tonight.

@Silhouette

Shoes were delivered to my door. Get the other pair - would have totally gone back for the oxblood wholecuts if they still had my size (and my wife would let me)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads