• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Based on his other pieces, it was probably late 70s or early 80s. Nice 9 figure provenance on that, may it give you 9 figures if you dont have it already!
Amen!

He looks quite dapper indeed. That Joseph-and-the-technicolor-dream smoking jacket in the Christie's article is awesome. Do you have it in your collection?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Amen!

He looks quite dapper indeed. That Joseph-and-the-technicolor-dream smoking jacket in the Christie's article is awesome. Do you have it in your collection?

Its actually a suit and yeah I kept that

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its actually a suit and yeah I kept that
Are we the same size? The sleeves on this coat are a tad short but it fits incredibly. I was dressed like the dude to survive this humidity today. I thought of sending you a big Lebowski fit pic but the real fit pic will have to wait.

Dude1Robe-MAIN2.jpg

When you're done with that suit send it my way.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Are we the same size? The sleeves on this coat are a tad short but it fits incredibly. I was dressed like the dude to survive this humidity today. I thought of sending you a big Lebowski fit pic but the real fit pic will have to wait.

View attachment 1814442

When you're done with that suit send it my way.

No, the arms are about 6" too short on me, its just in my collection of vintage/awesome stuff.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Alright y'all

new auctions are up and im very happy to announce that @gdl203 and co over at No Man let me dip into their archives and offer you their stock at auction - to make this easy, Ive coded the No Man auctions so they can easily be sourced with one link found here - we've split the 200+ pieces they sent us into 4 weeks, so for the first 50 or so, thats tonight. The rest will be parsed out over the next 3-4 weeks so bookmark the link and check back every Thursday right around now. We've got Inglese, Kuon, Kaptain Sunshine, Robert Geller, Gustav Von Aschenbach, Fujito, Niche, all your favorites. So come kick in a few bids!

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So many nicw Paul Stuart suits... The wool looks amazing. Any sizing advice on them? The cut looks a little more structured. I'm just getting into tailoring and only experience I have is Ring Jacket

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do 👏🏼 Not 👏🏼 Sleep 👏🏼 On 👏🏼 This 👏🏼 Y’all 👏🏼

I grabbed one over the fall and it’s amazing.

C648B561-B290-46D4-ACD9-C557EFDAEFAB.jpeg

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its super soft and wears great. But yeah if your wearing a coat on top it needs some room.

Last edited:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GRP is fantastic in general. Fantastic fit, weave, and fabric.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did someone rob a Paul Stuart's size 39 section 15 years ago, wait until now, and decide to launder it all through Luxeswap? Some insane jackets there.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@SpooPoker nice to see Mr. Big's fountain is flowing again.

indeed! A few more weeks of it for this round!

Did someone rob a Paul Stuart's size 39 section 15 years ago, wait until now, and decide to launder it all through Luxeswap? Some insane jackets there.

New, first time client filled up 2 SUV's of literally only PS and Polo tweeds and banger madras for summer. Dr. Mitch was a favorite at Paul Stuart until his retirement! I think he was actually going to cry when we drove off with the clothes.

BaronLSN

Reaction score
I've found that where all new auctions used to be added at once, now they seem to slowly accumulate over a few days - so there's not much point looking on the first day they're posted.

Has there been a change on your end, or is it eBay?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads