• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mrlol

Reaction score
Any1 got picture showing the difference between tower and capital f last? Tower is the new last they made with the 1880 export grade

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Fiennes It depends on the light. They're actually more of a mid-brown in daylight. I polished them with dark brown Saphir Pate de Luxe. To be honest, I don't particularly like the colour.

The cracking did not go away. I contacted Loake and they agreed to have a look at them, so I sent them back. Hopefully they will agree to an exchange.

Thought I'd update you guys on this post. Loake agreed the leather was substandard and offered to replace the boots. I wasn't 100% sold on the Anglesey so I asked if I could choose something else. I ended up going with the Cadogan:

They were supposed to be delivered on the 15th of December but unfortunately UPS screwed up - I only received them last Friday. Kudos to Loake for the excellent customer service, though. They even reimbursed me the €31 I paid to post the boots back to the UK.

Bower

Reaction score
Carmina Rain last seems pretty true to size to me, I would get the same in the Loakes.

goatandtricycle

Reaction score
I own Loake Chester, Downing and Otterburn.
I'm considering the Simon, to replace my Otterburn but I'm a little hesitant about the step down to the lower range.
Should I be?

EnglishShoes

Reaction score
Does anyone have a pair of Loake Dovedale boots? I managed to find some with a great discount, but I guess the model has been discontinued as I can't see many for sale.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd update you guys on this post. Loake agreed the leather was substandard and offered to replace the boots. I wasn't 100% sold on the Anglesey so I asked if I could choose something else. I ended up going with the Cadogan:

They were supposed to be delivered on the 15th of December but unfortunately UPS screwed up - I only received them last Friday. Kudos to Loake for the excellent customer service, though. They even reimbursed me the €31 I paid to post the boots back to the UK. 
[/quote]

Congrats, is nice to hear that Loake is a trusty brand and have reimbursed the money spend in the post. I purchased a pair of Anglesey from Herrings, they will be a nice companion to my Alden Indy boot. Herring's service as always excellent.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone have a pair of Loake Dovedale boots?  I managed to find some with a great discount, but I guess the model has been discontinued as I can't see many for sale.

They look like Herrings Keswick with eyelets, if so, is a wonderful boot. I own a pair in grain chesnut (is ready to get some dubbin, is been raining down here) and in waxy brown (brand new), for me is one of the best boots.

Last edited:

muddy250

Reaction score

Very good news

Bower

Reaction score
I been waiting for a sleek Chelsea boot in the 1880 range for some time now, It would be nice to include a model like that.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Question, I bought the Gladstone (Swing Last) in 9 UK, but saw the Chester (024 Last) and kinda liked it. But the 9.5 UK is no longer available, so I would like to know if I should go with my normal size 9.5 UK or should I go with 9 UK.

SimplyStylin

Reaction score
Congrats, is nice to hear that Loake is a trusty brand and have reimbursed the money spend in the post. I purchased a pair of Anglesey from Herrings, they will be a nice companion to my Alden Indy boot. Herring's service as always excellent.

I've been eyeing these since they came out, but already have a pair of boots in a pebble grain... I'd be really interested to see how these look alongside your Alden Indy's just for comparison.

Carl1955

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Question, I bought the Gladstone (Swing Last) in 9 UK, but saw the Chester (024 Last) and kinda liked it. But the 9.5 UK is no longer available, so I would like to know if I should go with my normal size 9.5 UK or should I go with 9 UK.
Don't know about the swing last but I have a couple of Loake 1880's on the 024 last which I would say is quite wide somewhere between an F and a G width wise, I would doubt you'd need to go up half a size from the swing to 024.

Carl.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member