• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

All Tatters

Reaction score
Good going Normunds! The new colour is much nicer! What brand/colour did you use? It looks reddish like Saphir #10.

Hermitedge

Reaction score
Help with sizing on cannon model? Thinking the 7uk may work?

7.5 Alden trubal
40 CP Achilles
8/8.5 Nike

Last edited:

thebov

Reaction score
I am not sure if this helps and I dont have the cannon, but I have the aldwych in UK7. I tried on the indy boot on 7.5 US and that fitted really good

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

Do you anything about the 1639 last?
I wear 6.5UK in both the 024 and the 026 last, and I found those shoes for $175, but it is only one size left and the size is 7UK.

'Fraid not. I don't know nearly enough about Loakes to offer any sizing advice.

AL FINK

Reaction score

Thanks!

I wear 6.5UK in both the 024 and the 026 last, and I found those shoes for $175, but it is only one size left and the size is 7UK. 

I would advice you to make an inquiry to pediwear or Loake(via email) about sizing. They would most likely help you regarding the 1639 last even you're not pulling the trigger on neither of them. I have done it before with sizing reference and bought Loake a month after i made the inquiry about sizing from them.

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks!

24 and 26 are shorter than other loake lasts, so it's more likely that your size is Uk 6 and not UK 7 on the 1639 last.

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's worth noting that Pediwear has a messenger service at the bottom of it's home page. Be on the page at the right time and you can 'chat' to a member of the staff. I found them to be both helpful and knowledgeable and seem to know a lot about Loake's shoes (which they sell alongside many other well known brands.

Odradek

Reaction score
Finally the weather is starting to look like May.
After a winter in their box, I'm wearing my Loake Asquiths today.

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm getting fond of my burgundy Strands. Do you think it reasonable to wear them with summer trousers/jeans?

All Tatters

Reaction score
I'm getting fond of my burgundy Strands. Do you think it reasonable to wear them with summer trousers/jeans?
I never wear my burgundy oxfords with jeans but they go well with formal khakis, but nothing more informal imho (they're not Strands, but look very much alike). Opinions might vary though. The main thing to look out for with lighter shades of burgundy (like on the Strands) is to wear them in moderation, otherwise you might become "red shoe guy" to others.

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Tatters, I don't want to become known as the 'red shoe guy'!
biggrin.gif
I wear my shoes in rotation so they only come up now and then. My view is that burgundy shoes, like Strands, go with pretty much anything, but I would welcome further views on the matter.

Odradek

Reaction score

Had a bit of a dilemma when buying my own burgundy Strands for that reason. It was a toss up between the Strands and Herring Shoes Richmonds, and I thought, (perhaps rightly) that the Richmonds brogues would be more versatile than the Strand cap toes, and would go well with jeans.
Bought the Strands in the end, and am holding out for burgundy wingtips, of maybe even longwings next year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads