• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

STATcurse

Reaction score
Is the Great Raincoat worth the hype it is receiving here? I'm interested but the price compared to other Lemaire outerwear (which I really like) has put me off a bit

Deveaux is always a little off...

Great potential project. I found the owl fabric on a maxi a little heavy for my uses but it was beautiful. Also since I'm probably not findinga a 44 (seems unlikely, just one on Ssense) in the FW17 Tan Great Raincoat, if anybody wants my 46 hmu.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
At the end of the day it is just a trench coat that is oversized. Unless you really appreciate the finer details (billowing arms, removable inner vest that took me almost an hour to put back in (I had it backwards), nice big collar, button and zip front closure, removable belt you can use to change up the silhouette, hardy fabric that should be able to stand up against some rain, and beautiful color), the price can be a big deterrence for sure. That said I can imagine hanging onto this outerwear for a long time to come. And with how fickle Styleforumers tastes are it is one piece IMO that can be incorporated in various outfits. The tobacco color is unique and stands out from your typical black. Can be worn with black, blues, whites, grays, browns, reds, etc. The coat is not particularly heavy and if you wear it without the vest lining it is quite light I think. It is nothing like some of Lemaire's other outerwear, it's not loud because of how bare it looks if you see past the color (i.e. the recent discussion of the Owl Maxi and Kaftan). I sized down to a 46 and can probably wear a 44 too. It probably looks ridiculous in California but I don't care. Just waiting for those weeks when it starts pouring here. I have enough woolen coats that this more "technical" fabric provides a great alternative.

leeba

Reaction score
^Toasty said it, but what drew me to the Great Raincoat was the substantial (i.e. has some weight) wool-cotton gabardine in beautifully complex tobacco plus all the detailing. The back vent, shape and cinching of the arms, shape of the lower half etc all make the coat beautiful in motion, as seen here @4:59:

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There are greatbraincoats for next season too, so if you missed out this season you will have at least one more chance.

TintoTerra

Reaction score
Is the Great Raincoat worth the hype it is receiving here?

Lol at ‘hype’. I think all of two people on here have one.

Look at the pics. Does it look good? Can you afford it? Then buy one. If it doesn’t meet your expectations send it back.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Went back to simons.ca to browse their Lemaire and it seems to have been take off the website. Two things I had favorited are listed as discontinued and search for Lemaire comes up blank.

TintoTerra

Reaction score
Went back to simons.ca to browse their Lemaire and it seems to have been take off the website. Two things I had favorited are listed as discontinued and search for Lemaire comes up blank.

I did that yesterday and only half the items were gone. I thought they’d had some blow out sale that I slept on. Maybe send them an email.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So designer stuff doesn’t get the second discount?

Ssense has the brown kaftan for $495, which seems reasonable to me. May get that.

Simons had a nice pair of
two pleat trousers in rust. Will see if those make a return.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So designer stuff doesn’t get the second discount?

Ssense has the brown kaftan for $495, which seems reasonable to me. May get that.

Simons had a nice pair of
two pleat trousers in rust. Will see if those make a return.

They do, it's just that they remove it off the website. Perhaps they want locals to take advantage of it, or they want to focus on the incoming new season's offerings.

They progressively mark down items until it hits 75%+ off. It's just that internet denizens won't be able to take advantage of it unless somebody is willing to proxy for them, or if you've done the work beforehand that would help you track it down.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy with what I picked up this season. Anything purchased at this point I feel would be for the wrong reason i.e. low price.

Though, I sort of wish I didn't hit the back button when I clicked the "check store availability". I'm sure they take phone orders if you call the store directly.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I do not. But they are still tantalizingly in my wishlist. Wonder what the odds are of the right sizes getting to a really steep discount are. Maybe I'll make a few phone calls in January.

Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 9.43.54 PM.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads