• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alright.
Oversized Shetland Sweater came in. It’s awesome too but I don’t think I would call it “oversized”, its just a nice, regular fit. There’s no way I’d size down but it’s definitelt a good fit. I’ll try and get fit pics of most of this stuff later if anybody cares.
@gettoasty if you like the shetlands but think previous Lemaire ones were too short/slim then I’d definitely recommend the current season. They are thicker than past ones too. I’m gonna pick up the rust too now.
Coggles has this blue one for 30% off plus their retail is cheaper than everybody else.

0AAA8383-159F-47FA-9E4C-5D657D077BCF.jpeg

I also got the navy “heavy dry sweatshirt”. It’s definitely heavy and dry, oversized for sure but again in the good Lemaire way and not the “size too big” mall brand way.
Not much else to say though, it’s just a basic sweatshirt that I bought to lounge around/do work on. I might return it and put that money towards the rust Shetland.

baklanyc

Reaction score
I also got the navy “heavy dry sweatshirt”. It’s definitely heavy and dry, oversized for sure but again in the good Lemaire way and not the “size too big” mall brand way.
Not much else to say though, it’s just a basic sweatshirt that I bought to lounge around/do work on. I might return it and put that money towards the rust Shetland.
Return it but maybe buy it again on Monday when it gets marked down again further everywhere!

crsin

Reaction score
Anyone handled the Kaftan in khaki/brown cotton twill? Thoughts? I'm ambivalent about the color and material -- may hold out to see if there's a steeper sale on the yak.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone handled the Kaftan in khaki/brown cotton twill? Thoughts? I'm ambivalent about the color and material -- may hold out to see if there's a steeper sale on the yak.

Have not handled it but I like the looks of it. Yak wool is almost certainly much more interesting and useful for a coat like that though.

Also, genral update. I finally got around to ordering the rosewood turtleneck from Simons. Lemaire piece #2 for me.

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Returned the soft pants... Received the raspberry knit and indigo overlock overshirt. They are both awesome.
Back to the subtly oversized fits of 3-4 years ago.

If you can find your size in the sweater I would definitely recommend it. If I could find the grey version in an XL I would be all over that too.
It’s just “wool” but feels like all my older yak blend sweaters. Thick, dense and dry.

The overshirt is thicker than I was expecting (good news). Calling it “jersey” made me wonder if it was just going to be like a thick t-shirt but it’s definitely a thick, outer layer. If your skinny or like a slim fit you could size down on the overshirts.

The stuff I ordered from the Lemaire we shop isn’t supposed to be here until next Monday and I have to leave on Sunday for a week long trip :(

View attachment 879563

I just got a raspberry knit as well.
Nice piece though the sleeves are a bit too long on me. Will probably return.

Bad pics, but...
Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 7.06.49 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 7.07.09 AM.png
NNL7S

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@conceptionist
Measurements look true to size, if you wanted to wear it over another shirt though you might want to size up.
I ordered a 52 (TTS) in the denim version that will be delivered this week but I won’t be home to try it out until Friday night/Saturday morning.
I can let you know then if you’re still curious.

TintoTerra

Reaction score
I have the soft military shirt. I find it to be generous in the shoulders and chest with a taper to the waist. The cuffs are also pretty tight. I could have sized up one and it still would have looked alright.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you can get your hands on the Great Raincoat, do not hesitate. It's one piece you do not want to miss out on. I want to say it may even be one up over the Owl coats. Size down one IMO.

It will be come a timeless piece, classic.

Can be worn with your streetwear and classic menswear alike.

The fabric is insane but just as how I imagined, wool/cotton blend. Can definitely take a beating. Pouring outside and too lazy to take off coat before entering car? OKAY NP! Creases?? NP!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads