• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Landau

Reaction score
Returned the soft pants... Received the raspberry knit and indigo overlock overshirt. They are both awesome.
Back to the subtly oversized fits of 3-4 years ago.

If you can find your size in the sweater I would definitely recommend it. If I could find the grey version in an XL I would be all over that too.
It’s just “wool” but feels like all my older yak blend sweaters. Thick, dense and dry.

The overshirt is thicker than I was expecting (good news). Calling it “jersey” made me wonder if it was just going to be like a thick t-shirt but it’s definitely a thick, outer layer. If your skinny or like a slim fit you could size down on the overshirts.

The stuff I ordered from the Lemaire we shop isn’t supposed to be here until next Monday and I have to leave on Sunday for a week long trip :(

View attachment 879563

Thats a fantastic knit. Im so tempted, but Im already tapped out this season. Arg!

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
06F3AEE6-C677-4711-AAA9-2E6AEF9B29F6.jpeg
I’ve had my eye on this knit and Simons has it on sale now. Thinking of XL for a relaxed fit. Generally wear a shirt with 18.5” shoulders and 22ish chest.

Does XL sound right? Looking for more relaxed than on his model.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@MGoCrimson
I’m wearing those right now. Well, I’m pretty sure those are the same ones as last winter but FWIW they are much more interesting irl (browns and greens mixed into the grey).

Size 50 is at least 13” in the thigh but also 13.5” rise so keep that in mind. I didn’t measure but they are definitely more relaxed than most Schneider pants.

C73435E9-0151-4EDB-B01E-DB44FDABE44D.jpeg

bigOmyD

Reaction score
@bigOmyD yeah there is. Check simons.ca they have it.

Awesome, thank you. Right under their stated customs limit too.

Would you mind recommending me a size? I've heard to size down when it comes to IT fits.
I'm a ~41 inch chest, shoulder width ~18.5inches for a fitted shirt.
Not sure if I should go for an XL or L with this cardigan. The only "IT" brand I can use for reference is Stone Island. L runs fitted on me, XL is usually slightly too baggy for me bust-wise and sleeve-length wise.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@bigOmyD sorry man I have no experience with that piece. But if I was buying it for myself I would go TTS based off the raglan construction and the fact it would be worn mostly open. Matches measurements indicate it’s a pretty relaxed fit too.

Side note: I wish he’d do the draped cardigans again, I’ve always wanted one but finding an XL is impossible. There’s a medium for cheap on eBay though that somebody should buy.

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Returned the soft pants... Received the raspberry knit and indigo overlock overshirt. They are both awesome.
Back to the subtly oversized fits of 3-4 years ago.

If you can find your size in the sweater I would definitely recommend it. If I could find the grey version in an XL I would be all over that too.
It’s just “wool” but feels like all my older yak blend sweaters. Thick, dense and dry.

The overshirt is thicker than I was expecting (good news). Calling it “jersey” made me wonder if it was just going to be like a thick t-shirt but it’s definitely a thick, outer layer. If your skinny or like a slim fit you could size down on the overshirts.

The stuff I ordered from the Lemaire we shop isn’t supposed to be here until next Monday and I have to leave on Sunday for a week long trip :(

View attachment 879563

What's the length on that raspberry knit?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads