• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bought it in size S with 40 % off. The quality is very nice - nice canvas and very nice wool. Fully lined and warm enough for winter. However, I don't like the fit that much; usually I can buy anything in size S from LEC and it fits. This barely fits - a little bit too big. I will post a few pictures if you guys need them, and I think I am going to return it.

some pics would be great

JustM

Reaction score
For a guy who is 5'9" and 140, is there any point in even looking at LEC shirts or jackets?
Specifically, I bike to work and just saw the Madison Bike Blazer. Also, who makes jackets for cyclists and doesn't do a 36?

cuponoodles

Reaction score
Yeah, I would say you're too small. I could easily fit into most size Small stuff at 6'/190 from LEC, so it seems that you would benefit from either some heavy tailoring or looking elsewhere.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LEC button down shirts have been a big fail this season for me for this reason: tail length -- it's now too short. Why did they change this. I've had to send back multiple shirts (the twill and more recently the chamois). Really liked the shirts overall except for length was a dealbreaker. Sucks! J. Crew always nails the fit and length on their shirts...

Last edited:

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LEC button down shirts have been a big fail this season for me for this reason: tail length. Why did they change this. I've had to send back multiple shirts (the twill and more recently the chamois). Really liked the shirts overall except for length was a dealbreaker. Sucks! J. Crew always nails the fit and length on their shirts...

Is it too long now? Who wears button downs untucked?
smack.gif

xMaximex

Reaction score

For a guy who is 5'9" and 140, is there any point in even looking at LEC shirts or jackets?
Specifically, I bike to work and just saw the Madison Bike Blazer. Also, who makes jackets for cyclists and doesn't do a 36? 

I am 5'9 and 160, and I fit very well in most things size S, but they are not tight at all. You would probably need to have their shirts and jackets tailored, which is probably not worth it...

Chris Waffles

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Mariner jacket--I usually wear a small in Canvas shirts, though a Medium would just be a tad too big, and I'm trying to determine my size in this particular jacket. The online reviews contradict each other in terms of sizing...

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score

Has anyone tried the Mariner jacket--I usually wear a small in Canvas shirts, though a Medium would just be a tad too big, and I'm trying to determine my size in this particular jacket. The online reviews contradict each other in terms of sizing...

I'm 5'8" 160 lbs, 38-40 chest and I took a small.
It's a bit snug with a sweater underneath but not constricting or uncomfortable.

ohyoumad

Reaction score
What are everyone's thoughts on the Land's End (not canvas) tailored fit button downs? I picked one up for $30 and the fit seemed nice and trim, and fit much better through the shoulders than LEC. Can these still be worn casually even though they have the extra 4-5 buttons at the bottom?

jamaaltt

Reaction score
What are everyone's thoughts on the Land's End (not canvas) tailored fit button downs? I picked one up for $30 and the fit seemed nice and trim, and fit much better through the shoulders than LEC. Can these still be worn casually even though they have the extra 4-5 buttons at the bottom?

I have one of the Tailor fit flannels in a size small and it fits pretty good. For refference im 5'7 174, 38.5" chest. Its slightly longer than I would like but It works.I wear mine casually all the time. IMO it works untucked or tucked

Last edited:

TheDroog

Reaction score

I'm a big fan of regular Lands End tailored fit shirts. Since you can choose neck size and sleeve length, the fit is more customizable than LEC shirts. Overall quality is better too. However, the tails are very long because they're meant to be tucked in.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads