• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

sir edmund

Reaction score
Iron them flat? That's not going to work, and is against the spirit of seersucker. Or do you mean a crease?
I just meant to get the major wrinkles out of them from their original state, not to put a crease in them. Obviously, I'm not going to be able to make them something they're not.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Received my shirt from my order last week. Doesn't look nearly as good as it did in the picture :(

*edit* Should add that it's because I couldn't zoom in enough on the fabric to see what it really looked like.

Last edited:

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got both the white linen cotton shirt and the summery colorful check shirt.

Like the check shirt and will keep it. The linen is both too tight and too see-through to work. Might work in a size L but I'd still like it to be a little less see-through...so its probably going back without the exchange option.

jmaudi0

Reaction score
I just realized that Lands End Canvas is sold at Sears....there is a store 5 mins from my house so I'm going to check it out after work and possibly grab a few shirts since the sale ends today. Are there any coupons around???

jmaudi0

Reaction score
Canvas line is sold at a limited number of stores, have to check the website to find which ones.
this is correct. my local store had a very limited canvas section. i ended up ordering the madras club collar short sleeve button down while i was there.

dickiepea

Reaction score
Made an order on Thursday, arrived yesterday - fast shipping. The large plaid poplin shirt and linen shorts are both great (the shorts are maybe a bit loose). the tab collar poplin shirt has an awful fit - too short and baggy. I'm glad I didn't spend more than $10 on it.

styletert

Reaction score
switched out the buttons on my grey chambray for some smoke MoP buttons (cheap, $4 off ebay).

Before for reference:
CIMG1045-1.jpg

Now
landsend003edit.jpg

landsend006.jpg
These pics have disappeared. Could you repost them? And how much should it cost to have that done?

David Zaritsky

Reaction score
Really enjoy the navy seersucker slim pants, but skip the seersucker short sleeved pullover...feels like paper.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
LOL @ LEC sizing again.

Got my two pairs of brick red cargo shorts...33 and 34. Not sure I can tell them apart. Kind of like my two pairs of pants where the 34 fits tighter than the 33.

Shorts are alright though...they are shorter than I expected lands end to make them (fall just above my knees when standing) and they are slim enough that they don't look like some super long, baggy-ass cargo shorts.

nothing special about the fabric but it is relatively light, the pockets will fit glasses case/camera/sunscreen/etc, and the rear pockets have button flap covers to keep everything inside-- they'll be perfect for summer outdoor concerts/festivals.

edit: Guess which one of these is the larger size (hint, its not the one that looks slightly bigger)

Last edited:

David Zaritsky

Reaction score
Yeah, I was majorly disappointed because I was imagining seersucker shirt like this would have/should have felt amazing in the warm weather.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads