• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

dave333

Reaction score
Originally Posted by a-rock
Have not see LE Canvas shoes in person but the regular LE ones leave a lot to be desired. But I would not be surprised if those boots are decent as there's nothing the regular LE shoe lineup in that price range (excluding the AEs), and the Canvas line's quality is surprisingly good. For example, the LE desert boots have stiff uppers and black rubber soles. These I've seen at Sears and they were crap. The Canvas line db's are the same price, yet look to be comparable to Clarks. At least they have the right soles!

At $150 for the boots though, have you considered just forking over an extra $30-50 and going with the actual Red Wing Gentleman Travelers which those boots are based on? They pop up in the B&S forum regularly and there's a steady supply from reputable sellers on ebay for a bit over $200.

I thought it looked a bit more similar to the Alden Indy which I like the look more; a little sleeker vs the slightly bulky red wings. I've been searching for a fairly sleek work boot; a little on the difficult side.

I thought these looked pretty good too: http://www.timberland.com/product/in...entPage=search

I thought these looked really nice too, but a little high:

Originally Posted by LawrenceMD
Just got these LL bean work boots. nice stuff. i put a review and mega pix post on the ll bean signature thread so check it out there if you want more info.

4883925120_48dbbecc23_z.jpg

4883925340_70c8ec4f47_z.jpg

a-rock

Reaction score
The Indy's have stitching on the top and the overall style is so definitive that if they were inspired by the Indy's, they'd look like the Indy's. The first actually look more like a cross between the RW Iron Ranger and the plain toe Beckman. Although its basically just a ubiquitous blucher boot. Both boots are clearly inspired by the 9010/9011 Beckman. The last one based on the Wabasha chukka. LE CANVAS
394774_XK10_LF_ZDB
393353_XC10_LF_GK7
393350_XC10_D1_DMG
RED WING
09011_IS
08146_IS
09173_IS

MonkeyFresh

Reaction score
Was in Madison, Wisconsin the other week for my fraternity's convention
Checked out the Land's End Canvas shop there (as well as Context, picked up some Hillside stuff!)
I really love this line... The shirts fit me very nicely (I have a 38" chest and the fit is slim, just right)
I scooped the red and the blue striped chambray work shirt, as well as the heritage striped crew neck tee and heather jaspe henley
like I said the fit, for me atleast, is slim and just right. I'll try and snag some pics
I wish there was a LE Canvas store around me like the one in Madison but atleast there is a Sear's near me that does stock so I need to check that out
I'll need to pick up some sweaters and chinos for the fall, But again I have nothing but love for this line
inlove.gif

dave333

Reaction score
Originally Posted by a-rock
The Indy's have stitching on the top and the overall style is so definitive that if they were inspired by the Indy's, they'd look like the Indy's. The first actually look more like a cross between the RW Iron Ranger and the plain toe Beckman. Although its basically just a ubiquitous blucher boot. Both boots are clearly inspired by the 9010/9011 Beckman. The last one based on the Wabasha chukka. LE CANVAS
394774_XK10_LF_ZDB
393353_XC10_LF_GK7
393350_XC10_D1_DMG
RED WING
09011_IS
08146_IS
09173_IS

Ah I see what you mean. It looks to me though that the LE Canvas ones are slightly slimmer throughout, and I'm liking it more for that reason. It doesn't look particularly rugged though, but I suppose it will get that look if it can survive the crap weather and such.

Paint House Gang

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MonkeyFresh
The shirts fit me very nicely (I have a 38" chest and the fit is slim, just right)

Hey did you go with a small or medium? I'm assuming small but I've been confused by the LE customer service team's strange measuring practices.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snuff_daddy
would like to see better pics of these:
394774_XK10_LF_ZDB

if anyone has em

Same here. Those look damn good for $150. They certainly look better than the LL Bean's Katahdin. I wonder how the leather ages...

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by enigma77
As someone who wears a 38 or 40 suit, I'll second the recommendation of buying a Small. Mediums across LE Canvas are way too big for me.

I'm a 39" chest and found the smalls too tight in the shoulders. The mediums fit much better and I had a tailor slim up the sides.

Verno Inferno

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Paint House Gang
Hey did you go with a small or medium? I'm assuming small but I've been confused by the LE customer service team's strange measuring practices.

I'm also a 38 and I'm about 5'9'' and 155lbs. I bought the small oxford and a small khaki chambray work shirt. I really like the fit of the small in the body/chest of both. However, the sleeves on the oxford are a tad short for my tastes.

I'd buy another workshirt from LEC if they all fit like this.

I also liked their t-shirts. And I like the heritage chino shorts. And the Cotton Pea Coat (the small fit nicely) was my favorite thing from my order---just waiting for the temp to drop below 97 degrees.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Their t-shirts are great, probaly my favorite t-shirts. Super soft, some decent colors and just a nice fit overall. Like them better then the J Crew t's I own and these are much cheaper.

flytothesky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Verno Inferno
I'm also a 38 and I'm about 5'9'' and 155lbs. I bought the small oxford and a small khaki chambray work shirt. I really like the fit of the small in the body/chest of both. However, the sleeves on the oxford are a tad short for my tastes.

I'd buy another workshirt from LEC if they all fit like this.

I also liked their t-shirts. And I like the heritage chino shorts. And the Cotton Pea Coat (the small fit nicely) was my favorite thing from my order---just waiting for the temp to drop below 97 degrees.

How do the t shirts fit? I am very similar in measurements to you but i weigh about 165....

Did u get the Small or Medium? would i be able to get the Pit to Pit measurements off of you? and the shoulder to shoulder?

enigma77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabeagiant
I'm a 39" chest and found the smalls too tight in the shoulders. The mediums fit much better and I had a tailor slim up the sides.
Dude, that's just the problem with shirts like LE and J. Crew. Smalls are too small in the shoulder, Mediums are too big everywhere else. I just tough it out and wear the Smalls. Mediums look like tents on me from the shoulder down.

MonkeyFresh

Reaction score
Here are some fit pics of the stuff
All are size small
Red chambray work shirt:
DSC03293.jpg

DSC03294.jpg

Blue striped chambray work shirt:
DSC03290.jpg

DSC03291.jpg

Heritage striped crew neck tee:
DSC03286.jpg

DSC03289.jpg

Heather Jaspe Henley:
DSC03295.jpg

DSC03296.jpg

let me know what you guys think of the fit, I love how it feels but feedback would be nice

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fits look good. It looks like you have the bottom "hidden" button done on those shirts, especially the blue one, which make it pull a little funny. I would say leave the bottom button undone (the one we can't see) and it would be perfect.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads