• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fJab17

Reaction score
Longtime lurker/frequenter of other forums - originally from London, I bought a couple of Kent Wang ties a couple of years ago and never got round to exploring his other offerings. Having moved to NYC for work a couple of months ago, I dropped them an email to see if I could swing by the pop-up shop to try on some outerwear. I went over today - although the trench was not quite what I was after, I did end up with an order for a 3-piece in Ariston Navy (AR0011).

I must say, very impressed by the apparent quality of the construction, choice of fabrics and price point. Also, Aaron is a lovely chap - very knowledgable, helpful and good to have a chat with.
I think I may have been in the pop up shop at the same time as you getting fitted with my girlfriend. Could be wrong though... But the dates seem to match up and I remember someone coming in to try on the trench.

I am also considering AR0011. I keep going back and forth. When looking at this fabric in sunlight, it seems to have nice blue to it without being overly dark which I like

Last edited:

LeMaitreChat

Reaction score
Any updates on whether the pop-up shop will continue to operate past New Year's?

I went in for a fitting a few weeks ago and had a great experience with Aaron, who was very patient with my fianceé and me. I would definitely want to stop by again the next time I'm back in NY.

jm22

Reaction score
The white sneakers in size 11 are already sold out?? They were just re-stocked in the 18th?

Last edited:

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Does kent wang offer peacoats?

No. I'm not a huge fan of them; I just wear sportcoats most of the time. Maybe in the distant future.
Any updates on whether the pop-up shop will continue to operate past New Year's?

It will continue to run indefinitely.
The white sneakers in size 11 are already sold out?? They were just re-stocked in the 18th?

There were a lot of backorders that were filled so only a few left. The next restock is Jan 31.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone else purchase the new sweaters? I got the blue one and like it so far. It is definitely very soft and doesn't itch when against the skin. It's also a bit darker than the picture shows on the site (at least to my eyes). I'm no expert on cashmere, so I really can't comment on the quality. Interested in other folks assessment who have purchased one. Where does this stack up in terms of quality versus other brands and price ranges?

So I bought one of the new sweaters and tried on one of the cashmere sweaters on sale at brooks brothers the other day. The prices were similar with KW being around $50 cheaper. I don't know enough to say definitively which is better since I know nothing about cashmere and on paper, 3-ply and Scotland make BB sound a lot better. However, I like the fit of KW, the blue color is great, Kent has been great at answering my questions about cashmere, it felt softer and comfortable, and it was less expensive. I am strongly considering buying the other two colors after Christmas. It's too bad there's no burgundy though.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So I bought one of the new sweaters and tried on one of the cashmere sweaters on sale at brooks brothers the other day. The prices were similar with KW being around $50 cheaper. I don't know enough to say definitively which is better since I know nothing about cashmere and on paper, 3-ply and Scotland make BB sound a lot better. However, I like the fit of KW, the blue color is great, Kent has been great at answering my questions about cashmere, it felt softer and comfortable, and it was less expensive. I am strongly considering buying the other two colors after Christmas. It's too bad there's no burgundy though.
I think the cashmere from Brooks Brothers is still sourced from Asia though, so the only difference is where it is spun and made.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a pair of the handgrade single monkstrap in medium brown. Very excited to see these in person, and hoping the fit will work for me.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After searching in vain for weeks, it would be great to have staple & formal silk suspenders/braces at a mid-range price ($55?).

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just ordered a pair of the handgrade single monkstrap in medium brown. Very excited to see these in person, and hoping the fit will work for me.

I'm really close on pulling the trigger on the medium brown as well. :foo:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads