• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GBlue

Reaction score

Hoodies in, with a natural anti expo underneath.
Kept the size Large. (left)

MuskieFan

Reaction score
Word. Co mix half zip is GOAT. Mad comfy. And yeah the half zip giving you that breathing room is great. And perfect to not eff up your hair. This hellweek crew is epic, but putting it on or taking it off makes my hair looks like a bozo
Mr. P had one large left in stock. Wasn't sure whether or not they were restocking, so I had to check it out after all of these comments. Does it fit TTS?

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still can't believe the purl tank and purl tee are nearly the same price. Super pricey. But def
1f525.png

I think it's best to go TTS for MOST JE items. Most times I sized down, I was a little disappointed I did so

Last edited:

MuskieFan

Reaction score
I did the same exact thing as you and I'm super happy with the fit. I advised that most people might wanna stay TTS on the purl knit, but personally I can't do the whole oversized thing. I'm still hoping to find another XS so I can double up on it.
I miss the good ol' slim fit days of JE.

Did the same thing. Just not a huge fan of oversized stuff. I size down for anti-expo also

ElmTree

Reaction score
I still can't believe the purl tank and purl tee are nearly the same price.

It would be hard to believe it costs the same to make considering it's definitely composed of less material than the OS pocket tee, not to mention there's no pocket. Half this forum committed to buying it before it dropped. Maybe they knew it'd sell regardless. I expected a lower tag too.

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mr. P had one large left in stock. Wasn't sure whether or not they were restocking, so I had to check it out after all of these comments. Does it fit TTS?

Highly doubt there'd be any restock. It fits pretty tts of you wanted to wear it as intended, bc that specific style is oversized. I sized down for one of mine and wished I didn't. All my other half zips are TTS and I'm very happy with those

Mackp12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you guys had any experience having the waistband of a sweater taken in? Because i'm a little broader in the upper and have a smaller waist some sweaters have this excess baginess/drape at the bottom. Doesn't need to be taken in a ton, but just maybe an inch, not sure if this will throw off everything else. I've read dipping the waistband in hot water and then drying it but not quite sure on that one.

@Jbidwal any experience with this? i know you're big on tailoring

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have you guys had any experience having the waistband of a sweater taken in? Because i'm a little broader in the upper and have a smaller waist some sweaters have this excess baginess/drape at the bottom. Doesn't need to be taken in a ton, but just maybe an inch, not sure if this will throw off everything else. I've read dipping the waistband in hot water and then drying it but not quite sure on that one.

@Jbidwal any experience with this? i know you're big on tailoring

Really matters on what kind of knit it is. If it is a chunky knit it can be rather difficult, if it's a simple tightly woven knit it should be similar to taking in a dress shirt. Here's an example of how to do it on the latter.
http://www.create-enjoy.com/2010/10/tutorial-how-to-take-in-sweater.html?m=1

Last edited:

rbroseph

Reaction score
Concepts has black and white oversized hoodies and tees with embroidery and paint splatter. They also have the skittles crewneck

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads