• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jobs in China.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
You got it. Deep v even in winter :slayer:

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Preach on, Lord B! I take it you visit my homeland quite often too since you made references to Isan and Thailand.
It boggles my mind that everyone thinks all 'farang' are wealthy. There's some low life scumbags who traveled across the world to marry a woman who's 1/3 his age to treat her like a slave.
Like you, I respect those who work in hospitality. I simply don't have the patience to put up with all that nonsense. My aunt has a condo in BKK, and her neighbors are from Chicago....man, they're some nasty and rude folks. I snapped on them one day when I went back home....good times.

Those who haven't visited don't know, I'm afraid!

With that said, many Asian countries are beautiful, filled with curious and interesting people and are a joy to visit (some, less so -- looking at you, SCAMbodia!) But my take is that if you aren't there doing something serious with your time, you're probably a loser. And having a little bit more cash than everyone else in a poorer country doesn't make you any less of a loser, even if it can buy you a teenage bride and a foot massage.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those who haven't visited don't know, I'm afraid!
With that said, many Asian countries are beautiful, filled with curious and interesting people and are a joy to visit (some, less so -- looking at you, SCAMbodia!) But my take is that if you aren't there doing something serious with your time, you're probably a loser. And having a little bit more cash than everyone else in a poorer country doesn't make you any less of a loser, even if it can buy you a teenage bride and a foot massage.

The funny part is that it takes a lot of money to really live that luxury lifestyle in a developing country. Cars are 2-3 times higher, so are luxury goods, ie timepieces and clothing.

Just curious, Lord B...where are you located? For some reason, I have always thought London, haha.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You got it. Deep v even in winter :slayer:

We can go work out together, broham. I was one of the bigger guys at the gym when I was working out in the homeland. You must be a monster!

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The funny part is that it takes a lot of money to really live that luxury lifestyle in a developing country. Cars are 2-3 times higher, so are luxury goods, ie timepieces and clothing.
Just curious, Lord B...where are you located? For some reason, I have always thought London, haha.

Montreal. London would be cool but I don't think I could live with the food for the longterm...

bennyb

Reaction score
Do not work in China, very traumatic place to be speaking for 5 yrs experience, living in Beijing, Guangzhou,shenzhen and a handfulof other cities. Much better in the UK despite the economic conditions

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do not work in China, very traumatic place to be speaking for 5 yrs experience, living in Beijing, Guangzhou,shenzhen and a handfulof other cities. Much better in the UK despite the economic conditions

...go on

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After having travelled extensively over the last half decade, I've come to the firm conclusion that the only way I would spend more than a couple months at a time in China (or most other asian countries) is if I was on a corporate expat package (i.e. twice the salary, expenses paid for, etc).

Nothing against China, which has it's highs and lows (like any country) but going there's no way I'd give up the comforts of home to live there for years.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What, attending the Job Centre every week or filling shelves at Tesco? TBH I'd had enough of been a security guard.

To make it work you have to find the right place. I've also been in Beijing, Hangzhou, Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Zhuhai. Knowing Mandarin helps immensely as well.

Last edited:

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score

What, attending the Job Centre every week or filling shelves at Tesco? TBH I'd had enough of been a security guard.
To make it work you have to find the right place. I've also been in Beijing, Hangzhou, Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Zhuhai. Knowing Mandarin helps immensely as well.

You speak Mandarin? I remember you said you were learning a while back, that's good if you've already 進步了! \

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads