• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The 2024 Styleforum and Epaulet Alpaca Project

For the third year in a row, we're thrilled to partner with @Epaulet to bring you an exclusive collection of luxurious sweaters, hats, jackets, and blankets in Peruvian Alpaca.

Details can be found here

The Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in the Sterett in Black Horn, have a pair in like new condition, never worn before. Originally purchased from an authorized retailer. Please pm me if you’re interested, willing to go a good deal below retail.

NOTE: the lenses in the frames are RX, however the original glass lenses (which are a similar color) will be included!

Very nice frame and colour combination. If only those embellishments weren't there.

I really like some models from the Last Frontier range, as the Sterett, the Dakota and the Red Cloud, but can't stand the garish decorations.

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
Speaking of adjustments, JMM's new Daido titanium frame has adjustable temples that can be extended or retracted. Pretty neat feature. Doesn't help for those with wider faces, but still interesting
I made a wisecrack comment on one particular JMM IG (instagram) post about the extendable temples on the Daido. Needless to say I was blocked within a few hours. As much as I love the brand, they do not take take criticism very well :rolleyes:

obecity

Reaction score
I made a wisecrack comment on one particular JMM IG (instagram) post about the extendable temples on the Daido. Needless to say I was blocked within a few hours. As much as I love the brand, they do not take take criticism very well :rolleyes:
I’m curious to know the wisecrack. I’m NOT OK with someone, especially a loyal fan, being censored for some good natured ribbing. These famous artistic types are so serious and way too intolerant of anything that may make them look somewhat less than the absolute coolest dude in the room.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice frame and colour combination. If only those embellishments weren't there.

I really like some models from the Last Frontier range, as the Sterett, the Dakota and the Red Cloud, but can't stand the garish decorations.
Love them. Otherwise the LF range will just look like the normal range.

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
I’m curious to know the wisecrack. I’m NOT OK with someone, especially a loyal fan, being censored for some good natured ribbing. These famous artistic types are so serious and way too intolerant of anything that may make them look somewhat less than the absolute coolest dude in the room.
Without going into too much detail, I merely inferred that Akoni and Dita had beat JJ (you all know what that means) past the post regarding extendable temples.

Admittedly I'd had a few bevvies that night o_O

Contradiction alert: Quit accusing other brands of imitation.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And you're not alone. Of course the opulent embellishments appeal to some people, I'm just speaking for me.

As I already said, a different way to make the range more exclusive could be using massive gold and platinum (or palladium) for wirecore and pins.

resonaut

Reaction score
If they are tight on your head, get them adjusted! There are a lot of adjustments that they can do to make them fit well and make them comfortable. The temples can be flexed out and curved to fit your head. The tips can be adjusted to not put pressure on your temples. Even the bridge can be adjusted a bit to open the whole frame up. Just take them to an authorized dealer (they are used to working with the thick acetate) and tell them where it hurts or is tight.
Exactly, some of the frames come out very tight out of the box. The recently released Stewarts are super constricting whenever I tried them at a store but after a few tweaks they fit perfectly.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed.
As for the temple tips - loved the thunderbirds, didn’t like the mustangs at all, quite like the four point stars.

Really like the breccia Belvederes, don’t like the mustangs which tempered my enthusiasm … and kept $2k in my pocket!

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Caan in London.

1000004843.jpg

1000004844.jpg

obecity

Reaction score
Exactly, some of the frames come out very tight out of the box. The recently released Stewarts are super constricting whenever I tried them at a store but after a few tweaks they fit perfectly.
I’m in the Midwest, so there are no competent optical folx around me. I actually took a coupe of my JMM (Jacques Marie Mage) frames to an AD (authorized dealer) to get them adjusted for my wide face whereupon I was told that they can’t be adjusted. They best they could do is change where on the side of my head the “tightness” wound be. This sort of incompetent flim flam really chaps me! For those you people who live in large centers with competent folx, consider yourself fortunate in this regard!

JessBob

Reaction score
Agreed.
As for the temple tips - loved the thunderbirds, didn’t like the mustangs at all, quite like the four point stars.

Really like the breccia Belvederes, don’t like the mustangs which tempered my enthusiasm … and kept $2k in my pocket!

Brings up an interesting customizing option that JMM might want to consider. If the temple tips are removable, and their dimensions are roughly identical, maybe JMM should consider selling them as interchangeable components?

So you could then buy your Belvedere Breccia and swap out the mustangs for the Thunderbirds

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brings up an interesting customizing option that JMM might want to consider. If the temple tips are removable, and their dimensions are roughly identical, maybe JMM should consider selling them as interchangeable components?

So you could then buy your Belvedere Breccia and swap out the mustangs for the Thunderbirds
It’s a great idea I would love it if they would.
I did manage to procure a thunderbird, drilled a small hole and fitted it to the empty tip on my Yellowstone Wolf Dealans.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the look of the Stewarts but just wasn’t jazzed by the limited color range offered so far. Hope they stay in production with new variants. Would love to see ‘on the face’ pics if you’re up for it as I’ve never seen these in person.

Hannibal4242

Reaction score
Anyone else loose the spark for JMM gradually over the last year or so....I haven't been excited over collabs or new styles in a while *** sorry I haven't been around OT has been good lol***

obecity

Reaction score
Anyone else loose the spark for JMM gradually over the last year or so....I haven't been excited over collabs or new styles in a while *** sorry I haven't been around OT has been good lol***
Dang! Where have you been?! The bulletin board has missed you. My collection is pretty full, so some of my enthusiasm just isn’t the same. A frame has to pretty dang great to get my attention now.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guy-Bold