• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The 2024 Styleforum and Epaulet Alpaca Project

For the third year in a row, we're thrilled to partner with @Epaulet to bring you an exclusive collection of luxurious sweaters, hats, jackets, and blankets in Peruvian Alpaca.

Details can be found here

The Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

obecity

Reaction score
This will be my second pair of Fellini. My first is noir 7.

I will. I’m working out details on the lenses now.
Figuring lens details is tough. Generally for a frame I’m trying make look baller, i do a combo of an indoor “fashion” tint, flash mirror, and photochromic.

obecity

Reaction score
I don’t really understand the hype around JMM. Maybe I just need to try a pair for myself.
Wow. Just….wow! Yeah so no. I admire what stage you’re at in your JMM (Jacques Marie Mage) journey—completely new to the brand. How exciting! They’re great high quality, high fashion frames. Try on a few pairs IRL (in real life) and you’ll be hooked!

Also, welcome to the bulletin board! There are a ton of fantastic folx here who can help guide you in your journey. Truly great fellers around here!

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t really understand the hype around JMM. Maybe I just need to try a pair for myself.
I bought mine when they were just egregiously priced.
Now they are super egregiously priced.
They are nice though, and if you take care of your stuff like I do, they will last a long time.

mbf123

Reaction score
It's a shame they're so tight on the head, nearly every acetate frame. Good for small heads tho
If they are tight on your head, get them adjusted! There are a lot of adjustments that they can do to make them fit well and make them comfortable. The temples can be flexed out and curved to fit your head. The tips can be adjusted to not put pressure on your temples. Even the bridge can be adjusted a bit to open the whole frame up. Just take them to an authorized dealer (they are used to working with the thick acetate) and tell them where it hurts or is tight.

JessBob

Reaction score
Speaking of adjustments, JMM's new Daido titanium frame has adjustable temples that can be extended or retracted. Pretty neat feature. Doesn't help for those with wider faces, but still interesting

obecity

Reaction score
Speaking of adjustments, JMM's new Daido titanium frame has adjustable temples that can be extended or retracted. Pretty neat feature. Doesn't help for those with wider faces, but still interesting
This is fantastic feature. Nearly EVERY SINGLE ONE of my glasses has arms that are way too short! The only pair I have that actually have arms that are long enough are my Lindbergh’s which are custom. I mean, for Pete’s sake! Not only is my face wide, but it’s also fricken deeeep! What the heck!

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For years I’ve had a pair of CeBe Walter Cechinel ski glasses (with the leather side shields) and they have this feature. It’s not something I personally need but I always thought it was a cool feature for those who do need it, curious as to why this is so rare.

BTW I often dip into the ‘branded’ threads on this forum just to let everyone know how I’m not interested in the brand they’re all discussing. Anyone else do this?

obecity

Reaction score
BTW I often dip into the ‘branded’ threads on this forum just to let everyone know how I’m not interested in the brand they’re all discussing. Anyone else do this?
I don’t, but I can understand why one would. It may give the feller who isn’t into the brand a jumping off point to become a JMM (Jacques Marie Mage) fan when those of us who are current fans give him the low down. Please—we mustn’t always assume the worst intentions in people or assume that a person is a “troll”. Such a vile term. Let’s do better. With my respect.

thewodg

Reaction score
I think I read somewhere (maybe here?) that particular model/color combos are delivered in waves as they are produced. In other words, maybe 150 of 350 molino hickory are produced in a first batch, then another 100, then another 100. Is that true? If so, is there any way to know when the full run of a model/color has been completed?

unprocessed

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in the Sterett in Black Horn, have a pair in like new condition, never worn before. Originally purchased from an authorized retailer. Please pm me if you’re interested, willing to go a good deal below retail.

NOTE: the lenses in the frames are RX, however the original glass lenses (which are a similar color) will be included!

Attachments

• IMG_0149.jpeg
    IMG_0149.jpeg
    256 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0148.jpeg
    IMG_0148.jpeg
    191.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0147.jpeg
    IMG_0147.jpeg
    186.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0135.jpeg
    IMG_0135.jpeg
    221.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0134.jpeg
    IMG_0134.jpeg
    170.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0294.jpeg
    IMG_0294.jpeg
    922.2 KB · Views: 26

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheDenimFiend