• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Although this frame might not be for you do not discredit the amazing vermillion colorway. I was NOT a fan of this color until I found the perfect frame for me in it. Now I’m obsessed. I have a feeling you’re on the verge of really enjoying the color you just need a better frame model to suit u.
I believe I may have found the ideal Vermillion frame ;)

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Have we seen any pictures of the Leclair on a face yet? Curious about this one.
Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 9.40.06 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 9.40.50 AM.png

Reaction score
Have a pair of Argyle Herbie RX en route to me as I type. Going to get transition lenses, and I'm wondering what the best color would be. Amber probably matches the frame best, but the idea of purple (Amethyst) lenses is really appealing to me.

Thoughts?

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If that is your perception of vermillion then the Brit flag needs a little colour correction :cool:
😁 Well the official colour of the frames is vermillion but I really don’t trust the iPhone camera to produce colours correctly. I’m not patient enough / tech savvy enough to know how to fiddle with white balance or whatever but the difference in colours between real life and iPhone pics can be really wide sometimes!

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
😁 Well the official colour of the frames is vermillion but I really don’t trust the iPhone camera to produce colours correctly. I’m not patient enough / tech savvy enough to know how to fiddle with white balance or whatever but the difference in colours between real life and iPhone pics can be really wide sometimes!
:p I was only sh#t stirring but the frames do look somewhat muted in that lighting.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What brands was Jerome referring to in his interview with Seen that copy JMM?

I’ve been getting a bunch more T Henri ads served up to me, and it’s obvious some of their acetate styles are a big rip off of JMM, but not as well done, at least as far as I can see.

Last edited:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mentioned on here Moscot are doing a wayfarer type frame in chunky tort acetate (possibly exposed wire?).

Also Cutler and Gross do some styles very similar including chunky acetate and exposed engraved wiring. I’m selling a pair!

There may be others plus the snides and rip off brands like Gant.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Akila does the chunky acetate thing too for 1/4 of the price. I won't stop plugging them. Yeah there's less barrels on the hinges, acetate is probably less dense, but oh well.

AuraTortoiseRoseSun_02.jpg

heritage-trt-02.jpg

I'm glad this is happening personally. It's better for consumers to have tonnes of options for chunky acetate that won't break the bank.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m not just talking about chunky acetate though. It’s with the exposed wiring and the overall look and feel of certain styles being imitated. Although Akila certainly has some models that are riffing off JMM. But I don’t disagree it’s good to have choices, particularly cheaper ones.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grabbed these two last week.

Detailing on the Hulya is a stunning in person. Not a popular frame around these parts, but a formidable replacement for my Gentle Monster sunglasses which are very similar (aesthetically).

And the Whiskeyclone--well I'm a sucker for all things Whiskeyclone.

Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 12.54.24 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 12.55.46 PM.png

JessBob

Reaction score
There’s supposed to be another LF this spring?

I was just contacted today that the Mojave from the LF V collection is now available at JMM galleries, along with a couple of new Ascaris. Contact Janelle at JMM-Venice gallery if interested in anything in the attached photos

Attachments

• mojave4.jpeg
    mojave4.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 67
  • mojave2.jpeg
    mojave2.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 76
  • mojave1.jpeg
    mojave1.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 144
  • mojave5.jpeg
    mojave5.jpeg
    104.1 KB · Views: 170

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads