• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
Hey all - for those here that are still learning how to navigate JMM and find the right pair, I put together this guide to help. It includes things like an overview of the core models and how they fit, the main acetate colors, frame measurement comparisons, where to buy, etc. Many thanks to all that have contributed to the discussion here as it was super helpful for me - hopefully this guide helps some new people avoid reading all 1000 pages like I did lol.

Here's an example of the measurements for some of the most popular models. I was also thinking about getting all models into a shared Google doc so that people could sort and filter it to get a feel for all the frame sizes. These measurements don't tell the whole story (and I think we've all found errors on their site here and there) but still kinda helps to get a feel for the different sizes and shapes.

View attachment 2009391
Nicely done, and thank you for investing your time and talents.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all - for those here that are still learning how to navigate JMM and find the right pair, I put together this guide to help. It includes things like an overview of the core models and how they fit, the main acetate colors, frame measurement comparisons, where to buy, etc. Many thanks to all that have contributed to the discussion here as it was super helpful for me - hopefully this guide helps some new people avoid reading all 1000 pages like I did lol.

Here's an example of the measurements for some of the most popular models. I was also thinking about getting all models into a shared Google doc so that people could sort and filter it to get a feel for all the frame sizes. These measurements don't tell the whole story (and I think we've all found errors on their site here and there) but still kinda helps to get a feel for the different sizes and shapes.

View attachment 2009391
While somewhat subjective, perhaps include a column on general size, such narrow, medium, medium-wide, wide. That way people have a potential sense of fit. Although I know opticals, like Ichikawa, while might seemingly be more medium, they work for my wide head.

Kristiang

Reaction score
Argyle Jenkins with Orange Reverse Gradient

Attachments

• IMG_7228.jpeg
    IMG_7228.jpeg
    93.3 KB · Views: 151

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Argyle Jenkins with Orange Reverse Gradient

Looking good, although I think you have shown better styles.

Obviously it's a personal preference, but I think that a reverse gradient doesn't look flattering, not to mention not seeing its functionality.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my Torino (Black Fade 2) and Quentin (Hickory Fade) yesterday. Both stunning frames in person. Unfortunately the Quentin has been worn or tried on before, likely by someone with a bowling ball for a head, as they are so stretched to the point they fall right off my face.

Is this repairable? The Webster sent me a generic email saying I could return them but my preference would be to keep them for obvious reasons.

Screenshot 2023-08-17 at 4.17.48 PM.png

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
Received my Torino (Black Fade 2) and Quentin (Hickory Fade) yesterday. Both stunning frames in person. Unfortunately the Quentin has been worn or tried on before, likely by someone with a bowling ball for a head, as they are so stretched to the point they fall right off my face.

Is this repairable? The Webster sent me a generic email saying I could return them but my preference would be to keep them for obvious reasons.

View attachment 2009913
yes, easy adjustment.

lsterling

Reaction score

View attachment 2009913
Very easy for an optician.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2009913

If the hinges are tight, it's not a big issue.

Kristiang

Reaction score
Looking good, although I think you have shown better styles.

Obviously it's a personal preference, but I think that a reverse gradient doesn't look flattering, not to mention not seeing its functionality.

I definitely prefer the full acetate models, but I was looking for a lighter optical for all day wear

At the same time, I didn't want them to fly too under the radar. But you're right, complete fashion tint with no real purpose

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
While somewhat subjective, perhaps include a column on general size, such narrow, medium, medium-wide, wide. That way people have a potential sense of fit. Although I know opticals, like Ichikawa, while might seemingly be more medium, they work for my wide head.
Good call! And agreed the Ichikawas look great on you.

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
Plaza Argyle and Chrome Hearts Pen 15. Very similar sizes. Both high quality and heavy acetate.

May have to move one of them. We’ll see how much face time each frame gets.

View attachment 2009393 View attachment 2009395 View attachment 2009397 View attachment 2009399

Obviously, both frames resemble one another, and you wear both very well. I give a slight nod to the Chrome Hearts, in part because you appear a bit happier in those photos. I have a couple of pair of Chrome Hearts, and I love them; the acetate is very handsome. The JMMs are very good looking as well.

There was a time I was quite a brand loyalist, but I no longer am. In terms of attire, I probably get more of a kick out of, more enjoyment from, eyewear. When I was a young boy, my Pop worried that I sat too close to the television, and in an effort to scare me back from the screen a few feet, one day her shared with me a cover photo of Time Magazine, featuring a photo of a young man wearing thick horned rim eyeglasses. Raising his voice for effect, he slammed the magazine down in front of me and bellowed, “Look at that, look at that kid! Do you want to wear glasses? Do you want to wear eyeglasses like this kid?!” The glasses resembled those my Pop wore, and I said sincerely, “Yes! Yes, I do!”

I kept my father on his toes, and he was confounded. When I finally got a prescription for eyeglasses, I was so happy! And some years ago, I discovered that I enjoyed wearing different styled frames from or reflecting different eras. I love Windsor frames, small round frames madebof acetate and wire; tasteful acetates; and now I am having a kick wearing bold, thick, square and rectangular frames.

It has been such an entertaining and truly fun distraction.

I need to cut this short, work calls. Whichever frame you choose, you are certain to wear it well, and the frame promises to be a well made beauty! Enjoy

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the hinges are tight, it's not a big issue.

Some heat via a blowdryer resolved the issue.

Snagged a pair of Balzac in rover this morning.

Been searching every corner of the internet for the past couple of months trying to find the Akira in rover (unsuccessful of course), so these will serve as a worthy consolation.

4 pairs in 4 weeks. Time to slow down a bit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads