• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There were only 25 of them.
Wow that’s a tough call for those who were really into them.
I think the lowest denomination I have is cobalt Herbies number 43 out of 50. I walked into Visionary Optics in NYC recently and the two lads in there recognised them immediately and were well impressed!
I also really liked the aqua blue black optical Dealans which were out of only 15 so the price jumped up. Saw some go on eBay recently for $1500 which is a lot to pay for a niche colour (see also those hot pink Dealans floating around a couple of years ago).

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New colorway for Taos is out, boutique only at this point and not even online. I'll have my pair on Wednesday and can upload a pic if not on website by then. I got Prime (currently available only for Ashcroft). It's a really nice translucent charcoal grey, looks fantastic.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New colorway for Taos is out, boutique only at this point and not even online. I'll have my pair on Wednesday and can upload a pic if not on website by then. I got Prime (currently available only for Ashcroft). It's a really nice translucent charcoal grey, looks fantastic.

Yes, it looks like a gloss Charcoal, or a light Platinum. Appealing to me, although I prefer the warmer Taupe.

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
Well, I traded in the Vasco for this Nakahira Indigo. And *Click*. I like them! Since I want form and function from my sunglasses, and since I'm sensitive to bright light, I will probably switch out the pink lenses for polarized greys in the near term, and maybe see if my local shop can create a dark purple gradient like the Nick Fouquet Rodeos. Anyway, currently...

View attachment 2010495 View attachment 2010497 View attachment 2010499

Also glad to say the Nakahira works for me with a beard...

View attachment 2010493

There are plenty of great shots of the Indigo color and other details out there. Here are a few other personal observations...
  1. It's made with with thinner acetate (8mm, I think), and with a gentle flow from the front to the temples. IMHO this creates a more elegant presentation when compared with similar shaped models like the Aldo and Sartet.
  2. That said, with the manner in which the temples are designed, it will not fold "flat" compared with most JMMs. It doesn't even fit in the large Longhorn case, and barely stores in the magnetic leather flap case. Here is a folded comparison with a Montana Army. View attachment 2010505
  3. To me, there is a bit of an 90's Oakley vibe to it, but with enough of the JMM details and distinction to make this a unique keeper.
They look great👍

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
Slow down or Begin to make JMM purchases for Style Forum friends, same difference. Maybe it’s time—not to stop cold turkey showing your love for JMM, but to—access your generous spirit and send a few frames to your favorite brothers on this here site! View attachment 2010225
I can see where I was going with this, but why I was compelled to go there I can’t say with all certainty. There is a thing called “Chemo-Brain,” and though it is supposed to occur when one is in the middle of chemotherapy, and I am a few months now completed with it, perhaps I have “Delayed Onslaught Chemo-Brain.” My apologies.

Last edited:

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How to create a hype.

I don't want to say it, but I'm going to.

If that was a 'normal release' of 400-500 units, it would sit on shelves and hardly ANYbody would buy it. It's literally camouflage and reeks of try-hard soldier vibes.

Him making it 25 is the only reason it went poof in minutes, likely with over half of them being speculators trying to flip for $ (as pretty much every 25# limited release trades at a premium).

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't want to say it, but I'm going to.

If that was a 'normal release' of 400-500 units, it would sit on shelves and hardly ANYbody would buy it. It's literally camouflage and reeks of try-hard soldier vibes.

Him making it 25 is the only reason it went poof in minutes, likely with over half of them being speculators trying to flip for $ (as pretty much every 25# limited release trades at a premium).

It's my opinion as well.
Releasing a batch of 25 pieces is the calculated way to sell it out immediately and make the model "hot", for fans and speculators.

Last edited:

Pakman161

Reaction score
It's my opinion as well.
Releasing a batch of 25 pieces is the calculated way to sell it out immediately and make it "hot" , for fans and speculators.
It's a really cool/unique colorway for sure. However, doesn't feel like it has a daily or "practical" use in every day wear.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I traded in the Vasco for this Nakahira Indigo. And *Click*. I like them! Since I want form and function from my sunglasses, and since I'm sensitive to bright light, I will probably switch out the pink lenses for polarized greys in the near term, and maybe see if my local shop can create a dark purple gradient like the Nick Fouquet Rodeos. Anyway, currently...

View attachment 2010495 View attachment 2010497 View attachment 2010499

Also glad to say the Nakahira works for me with a beard...

View attachment 2010493

There are plenty of great shots of the Indigo color and other details out there. Here are a few other personal observations...
  1. It's made with with thinner acetate (8mm, I think), and with a gentle flow from the front to the temples. IMHO this creates a more elegant presentation when compared with similar shaped models like the Aldo and Sartet.
  2. That said, with the manner in which the temples are designed, it will not fold "flat" compared with most JMMs. It doesn't even fit in the large Longhorn case, and barely stores in the magnetic leather flap case. Here is a folded comparison with a Montana Army. View attachment 2010505
  3. To me, there is a bit of an 90's Oakley vibe to it, but with enough of the JMM details and distinction to make this a unique keeper.

Intersting observations. Yes, the prolonged front gives a light wrap-around look and also lightens the presence. I see the Nakahira as a light, more lively and more wearable version of the Kobo.

Last edited:

JMM-Gateway

Reaction score
Rookie question releases.. Is it demand of certain sold-out frames that dictates new color-ways?

Do you guys think "The Ripley for K.L.R." will be one of them in the future or are they gone forever? After purchasing my first 2 very quickly, I promised myself that'll be I'll ever need but yah, yah.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn my eyes for noticing details.

I've the tiiniest crack on a temple arm. I assume this is nothing to worry about?

I am slightly paranoid that the crack will spread, but not sure how valid that is.

I assume I can just send this off to SBspecs in the future if the temple arm falls apart.

20230820-104844.jpg

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rookie question releases.. Is it demand of certain sold-out frames that dictates new color-ways?

Do you guys think "The Ripley for K.L.R." will be one of them in the future or are they gone forever? After purchasing my first 2 very quickly, I promised myself that'll be I'll ever need but yah, yah.

I like the Ripley a lot, it’s like a bolder Zephirin. I wish they made them again, but with the show having ended it’s sadly kinda unlikely.

Reaction score

Those were definitely a one off and will never be reproduced. They could possibly bring back the Ripley frame but they won’t do the same color

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads