• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
Some heat via a blowdryer resolved the issue.

Snagged a pair of Balzac in rover this morning.

Been searching every corner of the internet for the past couple of months trying to find the Akira in rover (unsuccessful of course), so these will serve as a worthy consolation.

4 pairs in 4 weeks. Time to slow down a bit.
Slow down or Begin to make JMM purchases for Style Forum friends, same difference. Maybe it’s time—not to stop cold turkey showing your love for JMM, but to—access your generous spirit and send a few frames to your favorite brothers on this here site!
1692406358123.png

Billy Ray Valentine

Reaction score

Been searching every corner of the internet for the past couple of months trying to find the Akira in rover (unsuccessful of course), so these will serve as a worthy consolation.

That was you that grabbed them from The Real Real

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Glad to hear that you have kept them, a lovely frame.

Curiously also my pair has rather straight arms (also seen on other few models), whereas the vast majority of frames have the temples typically bent for a better hold.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My current two favorites. JMM killed it with LF this year.

Thundercloud Black Fade
Sterett Noir

View attachment 2010433
View attachment 2010435
Can we see them on the face.
I found the Thundercould just too substantial on me. At that price you have to love what you see. I ended up with Rawlins which work much better for me. I like the look of Sterrets and I’m almost wary to try them in case I fall down the LF rabbit hole again!

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just picked up a pair of the Vendomes in Dark Havana. I saw a couple of members swapped out the lenses in their Camel colored version. Has anyone swapped out the yellow lenses in their dark havanas? I’ve never been a fan of the yellow and looking for some ideas.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can we see them on the face.
I found the Thundercould just too substantial on me. At that price you have to love what you see. I ended up with Rawlins which work much better for me. I like the look of Sterrets and I’m almost wary to try them in case I fall down the LF rabbit hole again!
Don't like to put my face out there too much, sorry :p

I tried on the Acoma and found those too substantial. Thundercloud was a smidge less wide and a smidge less tall + the black fade lightened it up so they didn't seem so heavy. I personally love them and fit exactly what I wanted for a slightly oversized frame. The bird detailing is to die for if you're into that kind of thing.

Also re: Sterett, the hype is real. Best looking frame (whilst worn) I own from JMM and the detailing is great. These sold out so fast because people tried them on and probably thought the exact same as me, it's just a great model.

Lastly, it's so funny you mention the Rawlins, because I'm selling a brand new Rawlins Agar as I found it a bit too small for what I wanted. Everybody is so different haha.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't like to put my face out there too much, sorry :p

I tried on the Acoma and found those too substantial. Thundercloud was a smidge less wide and a smidge less tall + the black fade lightened it up so they didn't seem so heavy. I personally love them and fit exactly what I wanted for a slightly oversized frame. The bird detailing is to die for if you're into that kind of thing.

Also re: Sterett, the hype is real. Best looking frame (whilst worn) I own from JMM and the detailing is great. These sold out so fast because people tried them on and probably thought the exact same as me, it's just a great model.

Lastly, it's so funny you mention the Rawlins, because I'm selling a brand new Rawlins Agar as I found it a bit too small for what I wanted. Everybody is so different haha.
Yeah like I said recently it’s all about the fit and face shape. The Rawlins are just about perfect for me and I love the Thunderbird details (not so keen on the Sterret mustang). I’d be interested in the agars we’re it not for that I’m saturated with brown frames.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah like I said recently it’s all about the fit and face shape. The Rawlins are just about perfect for me and I love the Thunderbird details (not so keen on the Sterret mustang). I’d be interested in the agars we’re it not for that I’m saturated with brown frames.

I'll hook a SF'er up for $1400, full set, brand new. Absurd, 22% off retail and no tax for LF lol!

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I traded in the Vasco for this Nakahira Indigo. And *Click*. I like them! Since I want form and function from my sunglasses, and since I'm sensitive to bright light, I will probably switch out the pink lenses for polarized greys in the near term, and maybe see if my local shop can create a dark purple gradient like the Nick Fouquet Rodeos. Anyway, currently...

JMM Nakahira Indigo Pink_GRP henley natural_right.jpg JMM Nakahira Indigo Pink_GRP henley natural_selfie.jpg JMM Nakahira Indigo Pink_GRP henley natural_left.jpg

Also glad to say the Nakahira works for me with a beard...

IMG_9586 (1).jpg

There are plenty of great shots of the Indigo color and other details out there. Here are a few other personal observations...
  1. It's made with with thinner acetate (8mm, I think), and with a gentle flow from the front to the temples. IMHO this creates a more elegant presentation when compared with similar shaped models like the Aldo and Sartet.
  2. That said, with the manner in which the temples are designed, it will not fold "flat" compared with most JMMs. It doesn't even fit in the large Longhorn case, and barely stores in the magnetic leather flap case. Here is a folded comparison with a Montana Army. JMM Nakahira vs Army folded.jpg
  3. To me, there is a bit of an 90's Oakley vibe to it, but with enough of the JMM details and distinction to make this a unique keeper.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll hook a SF'er up for $1400, full set, brand new. Absurd, 22% off retail and no tax for LF lol!
That’s a great deal but i’ve just paid out this morning for some others incoming (pics to follow upon delivery) so I’m strapped for now.
I need to offload some of my lesser used ones.
Seberg?
Molino Hunter?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads