• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

basscellosax

Reaction score
[for all non-EU users] I just bought a JMM on Mondello 1926. It has included the option to exclude Italian vat (22%) from all products. When you add them to checkout and enter the shipping address you see that almost a 20% discount is applied plus you can use the discount code MONDELLO for another 10%.

Don't you have to pay taxes + duty upon the arrival of the package?

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[for all non-EU users] I just bought a JMM on Mondello 1926. It has included the option to exclude Italian vat (22%) from all products. When you add them to checkout and enter the shipping address you see that almost a 20% discount is applied plus you can use the discount code MONDELLO for another 10%.
Super helpful, thanks!

haydenriley328i

Reaction score
Been looking for a clean Dealan for years because I hate the different color acetates over the ear that most feature now, it’s a weird dislike but just irks my eye. I fell in love initially with the Cortina but this Umit version is a chefs kiss as well and I don’t fully know which I prefer. Which do y’all like? I know embellishments has been a hot button issue this week so while similar they could be really divisive lol.

3457FD11-F848-4C37-926C-D7EC2511C0F1.jpeg

2A654640-6824-4ADB-BB2D-EEBAF7E33023.jpeg

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been looking for a clean Dealan for years because I hate the different color acetates over the ear that most feature now, it’s a weird dislike but just irks my eye. I fell in love initially with the Cortina but this Umit version is a chefs kiss as well and I don’t fully know which I prefer. Which do y’all like? I know embellishments has been a hot button issue this week so while similar they could be really divisive lol.

View attachment 1898037
View attachment 1898035
To me, the Dealan does not feel like a "westernwear" type of frame. The turquoise star and detailed wirecore feel at odds with the rest of the frame.

I have the Cortina version and love it. It's my go-to optical frame.

Since then, I've moved onto frames that show wirecores or at least a hidden wirecore.

intensanity

Reaction score
To me, the Dealan does not feel like a "westernwear" type of frame. The turquoise star and detailed wirecore feel at odds with the rest of the frame.

Since then, I've moved onto frames that show wirecores or at least a hidden wirecore.

Totally agree. The OG Dealan's proportions and styling are just right. Appreciate that Umit had his own go at it but the OG is unbeaten, imo.

haydenriley328i

Reaction score

That’s an interesting take and it actually makes a ton of sense. There’s a reason I’ve always looked for a Cortina Dealan although it seems all the owners like yourself love them cause they just don’t pop up. I want to get some as an optical myself and just match the light blue tint for full time wear.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Thin White Duke I know you're a fan of proportionate, conservative glasses, but I think some larger frames could add some more edge to your look.
Always appreciate input but I think there are optical illusion factors at play here. I’ve tried taking selfies with my iPhone reverse camera and as we know it distorts the image so it looks like I don’t possess ears!
For that one just above there I tried taking it in the mirror with the regular camera not the reverse to provide some distance and it’s strange how the Rawlins seem quite small on my face which may have inspired your comment. In real life they appear to me to fit larger than how it seems in that pic.

@lsterling you have Rawlins too IIRC although you have a rounder face than my Skeletor features - what say you?

lsterling

Reaction score
Always appreciate input but I think there are optical illusion factors at play here. I’ve tried taking selfies with my iPhone reverse camera and as we know it distorts the image so it looks like I don’t possess ears!
For that one just above there I tried taking it in the mirror with the regular camera not the reverse to provide some distance and it’s strange how the Rawlins seem quite small on my face which may have inspired your comment. In real life they appear to me to fit larger than how it seems in that pic.

@lsterling you have Rawlins too IIRC although you have a rounder face than my Skeletor features - what say you?
I consider Rawlins to be a mid-size frame. Not small like Zephirin, but certainly not big like Taos or Enzo. Similar in visual weight to Fellini, to my eye.

PhillyC

Reaction score
tried on Belize felt like a bulkier Enzo, any experience or thoughts folks.

icked up a pair in Tokyo Tort and I love them.
tried on Belize felt like a bulkier Enzo, any experience or thoughts folks.

Picked up a pair in Tokyo Tort and love them. I don’t know how the other 2 models feel but, while I agree the Belize is bulkier, they feel “lighter” on the nose. Great frame if you’re into the Enzo style, definitely recommend. The only downside is the carrying case. It’s a pain in the butt to close. They fit perfectly fine in the standard (or Enzo Squarzi) case though.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Absolutely agreed, the Dealan looks a rather classic style and the western accents don't work in my eyes, beyond the fact that I don't dig that style. Moreover, I find questionable to take an established model and change considerably something as the temple, much better would be to restyle everything (keeping some elements, if you want) and give another name.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Curiously I thought exactly the same looking at your picture. I would also suggest to try larger frames and less conservative styles, you could discover new possibilities and like it.
I think that sometimes we persuade ourselves that we can only wear some styles and preclude us possibly interesting experiences.

I have small frames like the Devaux and huge ones like the Kobo and I love them all.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads