• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great on you.

Makes me want to put the blue sun lens back in my Marquina 😂

Cruising around in Enzo SQUARZI Beige.

View attachment 1834790
The beige with green lens and Enzo with blue lens earlier are giving me ideas.

Green lens from my Nero into the Beige, and blue lens from my Marquina into my Nero.

As I see, the brown lenses look good, but the contrast between the beige frame with the bright green is even better.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now, if you ever decide to part with those Graphite Enzo… please do DM me.
[/QUOTE]

I actually love them, difficult to think about parting with.

Screenshot (31).png
Screenshot (32).png

basscellosax

Reaction score
OK, JMM society...

I really like my Dealans Noir 6 for "opticals", but my wife hates them!

I don't think I necessarily look better with them than without, I'd rather say I look different, but in a good way. They give some sharpness to my oval/heart face, and frame everything nicely (especially since I have smallish eyes and eyebrows).
Her, on the other hand thinks they make me look a lot older.

What does SF think?

20220915_163113.jpg

Thanks!

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, JMM society...

I really like my Dealans Noir 6 for "opticals", but my wife hates them!

I don't think I necessarily look better with them than without, I'd rather say I look different, but in a good way. They give some sharpness to my oval/heart face, and frame everything nicely (especially since I have smallish eyes and eyebrows).
Her, on the other hand thinks they make me look a lot older.

What does SF think?

View attachment 1835072

Thanks!

Good fit in my eyes.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would just call.

I'm not familiar with spoken english. Besides I live in Europe, so it would imply massive additional costs, if they were even willing to ship. So probably it would be not worth the effort. On the other hand there's a plenty of frames I could get.

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently got those exact Taos in chocolate. I think they're really cool and I'm very happy with them so far. The shade of brown changes a bit depending on the light, but I find that most of the time they're not as bright as they seem in some of the pics you can find online.

As you mentioned, I like that it's an interesting color combination without being too much of a statement. And I don't find it particularly difficult to make them work with an outfit. That said, a black pair will always be more versatile, so take that into account.
I have the chocolate Taos. I bought them because I couldn't find a pair of the Taos in the Army colorway. I now have both the chocolate and the Army. I'm looking to trade or sell the chocolate just because I want a different style. Let me know if you still want pics.

Question for the Chocolate Taos owners or for anybody else that has a pair with the Lilac/Lavender lenses - how do they perform as actual sunglasses? Do you find they actually block much light?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads