1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thenanyu, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Meis

Meis Well-Known Member

To immage... that is too small IMO. The seams are too far up, as you have noted. It does fit well elsewhere, but I think you'd be better off with a small.

No

from the looks of that xs you'd be swimming in a small.

2. KPO89

KPO89 Well-Known Member

No

from the looks of that xs you'd be swimming in a small.

Agreed. Your shoulders may be a tad to broad but that is a better trade of than floating armholes.

3. immaage

immaage Member

Thanks guys, appreciate the advice.

I've tried on the small sizes and the shoulders fit better, but the fit is worse everywhere else (the sides, the chest, etc...). I'll probably stick with the xs as the shoulder fit is a small price to pay for a better fit everywhere else. Also, it's not really uncomfortable or anything, I guess it just looks a bit weird.

4. a2_hennessy

a2_hennessy Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, appreciate the advice.

I've tried on the small sizes and the shoulders fit better, but the fit is worse everywhere else (the sides, the chest, etc...). I'll probably stick with the xs as the shoulder fit is a small price to pay for a better fit everywhere else. Also, it's not really uncomfortable or anything, I guess it just looks a bit weird.

I'd say 99% of people aren't even going to notice that small incongruity, man. The XS looks a lot better on you than a small would.

5. tit_tyrant

tit_tyrant Well-Known Member

The ship date on the corduroys I ordered has been pushed back yet another month... Can anyone recommend some slim corduroys of respectable quality and a similar price? Wish I would have known this before today so that I could have copped the RRL cords at 25% off. [​IMG]

6. emale

emale Member

llbean signature's got slim fit cords. they fit just like jcrew's urban slim fit. I've got the llbean signature cords and jcrew urban slim fit chinos. the cut is very close to identical. sizing is the same too, at least on me. so 32 waist in jcrew= 32 waist in llbean signature.

7. joei

joei Well-Known Member

J. Crew's sizing is so inconsistent. I'm 6'2 , 215 pretty broad shoulders and a sz L is ridicuously too big.

My usual jacket size is a 44L and usual shirt size is L or / 15.5 - 16

Anyone with similar measurements wearing a M ?

8. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

I'm 6.1, 210, broad shoulders, and J. Crew Large is pretty much spot on.

9. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    I would think at 215 and 6'2" a large would be a decent fit.

10. joei

joei Well-Known Member

Maybe i got an off shirt ?

When I get home tonight I will take pics. its def a no go

11. the_state

the_state Well-Known Member

The Liquor Store in Tribeca just started carrying the Crocket & Jones Coniston boot. I can't remember the last time I've wanted a shoe this badly.

12. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

The Liquor Store in Tribeca just started carrying the Crocket & Jones Coniston boot. I can't remember the last time I've wanted a shoe this badly.

Curious about the price?

13. johnH123

johnH123 Well-Known Member

Since we're all playing this game it seems, 6'2" and 225lbs and a large is usually good on me. A bit tight in the shoulders but if I was to go up to an XL I'd need about $30 worth of tailoring for the sleeves and body so I learn to deal with it.

14. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

I've occasionally tried on an M just to compare, and it always feels like I'm trying to fit into my kid brother's shirt. It fits but it's very tight and awkard feeling.

15. mossmadness88

mossmadness88 Active Member

The ship date on the corduroys I ordered has been pushed back yet another month... Can anyone recommend some slim corduroys of respectable quality and a similar price? Wish I would have known this before today so that I could have copped the RRL cords at 25% off. [​IMG]

Just hold off a little longer for the RRL cords. Ralph Lauren always runs one of its semi-annual sales a few weeks after their fall 25% off sale.

16. Urijah1086

Urijah1086 Well-Known Member

Just received my Chambray its a size extra small. excuse the baggy shorts... btw Im 6' 140 [​IMG]

17. clarksdb

clarksdb Well-Known Member

Just received my Chambray its a size extra small. btw Im 6' 140

[​IMG]

Damn man I thought I was too skinny (5"11 around 155 lbs). Good to know someone else in the same boat! lol

Fit is good man. I'll probably have to exchange a chambray I ordered in small for an extra small.

By the way, does the blue chambray look like this, which is posted on the J Crew website for the shorts:

http://images.jcrew.com/erez4/erez?s...if&tmp=prdDtIm

It seems a different color (better in my opinion) than the one shown for the blue chambray shirt specifically on the site. Not sure if its just the picture?

http://images.jcrew.com/erez4/erez?s...if&tmp=prdDtIm

18. Urijah1086

Urijah1086 Well-Known Member

Yupp thats the blue one i got it as well. Ill post a pic in a lil.

19. clarksdb

clarksdb Well-Known Member

Yupp thats the blue one i got it as well. Ill post a pic in a lil.
    Sweet, post post.

20. dave333

dave333 Well-Known Member

Levis 511 cords aren't bad at all. They stretch too if you don't them too skinny, I have to keep washing them otherwise they end up looking like a slim straight fit.