• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

tit_tyrant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikeharo
The fit is pretty standard - I'm a 38 sportcoat/32 waist/15 neck and the medium is a comfy fit. You may want to size down if you want a tighter fit but I went with medium for the comfy fall sweater feel.

What size button down do you normally wear from J Crew? I wear smalls in their button downs but have never tried on one of their sweaters or anything else to compare sizes...I'm around a 38/31/14.5 and am having trouble deciding between the small or medium.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoops, accidentally posted in the J Crew SS thread. Just wanted to know if anyone had better pics of the nailhead utility shirt. I can't really tell what the fabric is like, it looks like bleached corduroy.

Stewbone

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrooklynHighpost
Sherpa hoodies for $98? Has it always been this expensive or did they increase the price this f/w season?

They ususally always start around 98 but go on sale at a decent rate.

Stewbone

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tit_tyrant
What size button down do you normally wear from J Crew? I wear smalls in their button downs but have never tried on one of their sweaters or anything else to compare sizes...I'm around a 38/31/14.5 and am having trouble deciding between the small or medium.

I bought the fair isle sweater and rustico tweed. I'm 39' chest, 31 waist, and 14.5 neck. I also wear a small in botton downs. The small is pretty tight around the neck, and fairly slim throughout the body and arms. I think I could fit a shirt underneath though.

accent1220

Reaction score
I just picked up the fair isle - been waiting on it for months. Brooks brothers has the perfect fair isle (a bit more traditional), but it is only available as a vest. Ralph will surely have some great ones as well, but at higher price points.

aphextwin07

Reaction score
anyone know what the deal is with this navy herringbone sportcoat?

images_onFigure_28_28594_28594_WA0504_m_tif_c6730c00a0051921.jpg

it says its a new arrival but i swear i was looking at it not 3 days after it first went up online and only 2 sizes were available, and today just 1. did this really sell out that fast or what?

edit- looks like the last size just sold out as I was typing this; i've never seen something sell out so fast from them (its been online less than a week). bummer.

steve2318

Reaction score
What size are you looking for in the Navy herringbone sportcoat?

I got one as a gift after I had bought one myself so I have an extra 40R if you are interested.

I am returning it this weekend so let me know.

iotan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aphextwin07
anyone know what the deal is with this navy herringbone sportcoat?

it says its a new arrival but i swear i was looking at it not 3 days after it first went up online and only 2 sizes were available, and today just 1. did this really sell out that fast or what?

edit- looks like the last size just sold out as I was typing this; i've never seen something sell out so fast from them (its been online less than a week). bummer.

If my memory is correct, the buffalo plaid cardigan sold out quite quickly last year (I think just a few days) but a few pieces did randomly show up during the sale period a few months later. Plus, I would think that they do multiple production runs on many of the items . So, there still may be hope.

fueledbynewjersey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
where, in the catalog, does the coupon happen (when it does)?

Jcrew tracks everything, basically only people who spend a lotttt of money get sent these 20% coupons along with their catalogs. Basically its jcrew trying to get you to spend more money. So if you didn't get a coupon, you don't spend enough.

mmm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fueledbynewjersey
Jcrew tracks everything, basically only people who spend a lotttt of money get sent these 20% coupons along with their catalogs. Basically its jcrew trying to get you to spend more money. So if you didn't get a coupon, you don't spend enough.

There are people who barely spent anything there and have gotten them. I doubt they only give them to big spenders. Shoot, even Ive got one and I barely buy anything there.

fueledbynewjersey

Reaction score
its an insert. sometimes its only a coupon that can be used in store sometimes it can only be used online.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw a grey J Crew suit in Winners yesterday for $160. Too small for me, but it was cool seeing it there since J Crew isn't available in Canada.

Newstyle

Reaction score
I have gotten 20% coupon in all the catalogs I've received. I have been looking at getting a pair of Alden Indy boots lately and I just had to see if the coupon works for those. Details on the coupon say it does not work for third party merchandise but it works for the Aldens. Now I need to decide If I want to spend the money for the Aldens and the fair isle sweater, 20% off. Still a good chunk of change.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads