• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

joei

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slide13
I'm 6' 200lbs and fit into a medium just fine (fatigue jacket)...I could see someone 180 fitting into a small in their coats, they run pretty big.

+1 I'm 6'2 and 225 with broad shoulders and a J Crew L (sutherland trench) fits me perfect, a lil loose in the mid section but I like it like that

I have a J crew gingham shirt as well thats L Tall and fits me kinda loose now, but when I was bulking (highest weight 250) it still fit really good.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by joei
+1 I'm 6'2 and 225 with broad shoulders and a J Crew L (sutherland trench) fits me perfect, a lil loose in the mid section but I like it like that

I have a J crew gingham shirt as well thats L Tall and fits me kinda loose now, but when I was bulking (highest weight 250) it still fit really good.

That's about the same size as me, I got an XL in the trench and am now regretting it (should have gotten the L).

At least I got it cheap so I could get the tailoring I had to do to make it fit acceptably.

ffatt

Reaction score
Hi guys,

If anybody has any jcrew coupons or credit they want to sell at a discount please let me know. I wanted to buy the MacAlister suede boots and they seem a little overpriced at full retail.

Thanks,

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's still hard for me to wrap my head around someone over 6 feet tall being able to wear a small long sleeve shirt from JCrew, but I guess it's possible. What size dress shirts do you wear? I need a 36/37 for my arms.

ceekay

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ffatt
Hi guys,

If anybody has any jcrew coupons or credit they want to sell at a discount please let me know. I wanted to buy the MacAlister suede boots and they seem a little overpriced at full retail.

Thanks,

dont do it.. jcrew brand shoes are notoriously poor quality.. esp for the price..

just go grab some clarks

Ideefixee

Reaction score
I disagree. I've had Clark's before and just bought the Anchor Grey MacAlister suede boots and IMO the MacAlister are much better quality and provide better comfort.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ideefixee
I disagree. I've had Clark's before and just bought the Anchor Grey MacAlister suede boots and IMO the MacAlister are much better quality and provide better comfort.

I think that's the first time I've seen someone post that, the typical opinion is that Clarks are a far better shoe.

To each their own I suppose.

Ideefixee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
I think that's the first time I've seen someone post that, the typical opinion is that Clarks are a far better shoe.

To each their own I suppose.

Don't get me wrong, I think Clarks are great, which is why I bought them in the first place. I just like the MacAlister's better. Not as rigid.

georgesoros

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
It's still hard for me to wrap my head around someone over 6 feet tall being able to wear a small long sleeve shirt from JCrew, but I guess it's possible. What size dress shirts do you wear? I need a 36/37 for my arms.

6'6" and 6' is a huge difference. I'm about 6'1 and the sleeves on a small fit me fine. My dress shirt size is 15 or 15.5 and 33 or 34, which is several inches shorter than 36/37.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
1) Which color herringbone jacket is this? 2) Is the color accurate? The photos of the jackets without the model look different.
5006867384_98fb505b27_b.jpg
5006885192_617756187e.jpg
5006881092_d452c730eb.jpg

Ideefixee

Reaction score
It's charcoal.

Don't know about the color accuracy, but that all has to do with how close-up the picture is. The closer you get, the more heterogenous the color gets. From far away, the color looks solid.

Ideefixee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Those jackets aren't herringbone. That bottom one looks like a wool pinstripe. Hell, its not even the same shade of grey.

... They are herringbone. He posted 2 different jackets, both J.Crew. The bigger image is the 2nd smaller image, but closer up. The 1st smaller image is the Khaki herringbone...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads