• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

navetsea

Reaction score
hello, I just joined today
just a 36yrs old guy with too many hobbies... drawing, riding, video gaming,
I live in East Java, working as a freelance illustrator, designer, comic artist.
nice to meet you all :)
oh and Happy New Year!

navetsea

Last edited:

AidanSSK

Reaction score
Hi,

Tri-State Area. College Student. I'm a sucker for Ralph Lauren and Raw Denim. I love to: read (anything but romance novels lol), stumble at playing guitar, listen to music, enjoy fine cigars, dabble in photography, and follow street wear and men's wear trends. I also am big into pretty much all types of movies. I am an avid fisherman as well, and I spend as much of my free time fishing as I can.

AidanSSK

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hello there. NYC. 33. Working out how to dress like an adult. Huge fan of The Armoury, Epaulet, Frans Boone, The Bureau, Monocle, NMWA, P. Johnson, and Carson Street. Typical, I guess!
Hi, I am Mike. Clothing: I like old faded and comfortable, cotton denim blue jeans. They are my favorite pants to wear but of course are not practicle for many things. Nice and fashionable button-ups that are not to flashy make my wanted list. Now I am finding I love the newer breathable materials that they are producing. Where before it was restricted to workouts and such, now I can look good, presentable and feel comfortable as well as not sweat.If I get wet the material dries so quickly it almost doesn't matter. I love it. Not to mention they are soft, as comfortable as can be. The little holes are so small they really do look good. I tend to like darker colors and then shake it up with a lighter beige or something. I actually like red a lot too, I just don't seem to have any red clothing left for some reason. Other stuff: Anyway, I like outdoors activities like fishing and just getting outside. Take part in activities that amount to exercise so it lessens any time burdens as well. Reading is enjoyed at night before I sleep, sometimes. Then I prefer a good fantasy book. The darker ones are rather interesting and I find that a good fantasy book tends to be written better than most other genres. Better plots and stories and character development. Otherwise I read a lot of self training types of material. Working on my first ebook that is near completion. Hopefully out within 2 weeks. I am looking forward to this. The suspense makes a person want to through it out in the public eye but the common sense says no, finish it, fool. HAHA It will be an accomplishment when it is published though. That's all for now.
Hola a todos, I'm from Southern Spain; after travelling a bit I ended up right where I started: in Southern Spain, hahaha My job does not require any special attire.. I could be working in shorts and flip-flops but usually I like dressing in a classic way. Shirts and V-Neck sweaters, chinos, blazers and decent shoes. I'm after a crocodile leather Berluti belt.. let's see if a find a great deal somewhere on the Internet. Saludos! LF
Hi everyone, We are Shepherd Goods Clothing, a street wear brand out of Minnesota, established in 2012. Shepherd Goods is currently only sold on our website, but in 2015 we are planning on opening accounts with boutiques across the United States, as well as opening a store of our own in Minnesota. Shepherd Goods is influenced by the leader of the herd, The Good Shepherd, and is infused with the hip hop and street wear culture of today. We have had celebrities such as Mac Miller, Riff Raff, Chief Keef, Derrick Williams and more that wear our brand. Shepherd Goods has appeared in their Instagrams, music videos, and Mac Miller’s TV show on MTV. Feel free to check us out at www.ShepherdGoodsClothing.com. www.Instagram.com/ShepherdGoods www.Twitter.com/ShepherdGoods www.Facebook.com/LeadTheHerd If you are interested in purchasing some of our items, use the promo code “leadtheherd” for free shipping. Thank you very much and we look forward to hearing from you!
Hello, I am Edward, I am quite happy to join these forums, the world needs more style. I dress in a classic way, with some exceptions coming from the high end denim brands.
Good morning, as a long time browser and I decided to finally join the conversation. I'm a second year associate at a mid-sized litigation firm in Houston, and a native Texan. I'm 29, recently married and trying to build a large professional wardrobe. Since 2009 I have relied on Indochino for most of my suits, and before that I had the typical 2 suit rotation of an undergrad. I'm slowly diversifying and adding more reputable brands to my closet. My current rotation includes the Indochino essential gray, essential blue, and a deep midnight blue striped that I believe they have discontinued. I round that out with 3 Hickey Freemans from the Traveler Collection in navy, charcoal and taupe sharkskin. As far as footwear goes I'm a firm believer in Allen Edmonds as a starter and have 3 cap toe oxfords in different colors. My biggest issue is finding great fitting shirts. I'm 6'5 with long arms and legs so off the rack isn't really a great option, I have a couple of Indochino shirts but I'm not very impressed with their quality so if you have a MTM recommendation feel free to let me know. Fashion aside I am going on 3 years with my lovely wife. We love Houston (I love the food and the Texans, she loves the shopping) even though we are both Dallas natives. In the rare instance I get enough free time from work I enjoy fishing, golf and duck hunting. Looking forward to hearing from y'all. Thanks, CB
I'm Sorted, a new member on here who stumbled across the site by chance. I am a Brit who now lives in Canada, but not going to pretend that I like it here after well over a decade. I have one child, am divorced (loving every moment of it, and don't plan to get married again). I am in my 40s, and a professional engineer by profession. I do NOT drink and I have never tasted beer or smoked anything in my life considering I grew up in a city of 8 million people (London England). I detest jeans with a passion, and nothing about it turns me on even on a female. My running shoes are just for that. I have traveled a lot (over 100 countries, 35 states in the US), did volunteer work, jumped out of planes, bungee jumps, done the Inca trail Cheers, SM
Hello, I'm Bank. Just came across the Forums and was impressed with the taste and the knowledge of those who participate. I'm 46 and work and live in Chicago. I'm a former college football who is still bigger (6-3/240) so finding tasteful clothes in my size can be a challenge. Looking forward to the conversation.
hello, I just joined today just a 36yrs old guy with too many hobbies... drawing, riding, video gaming, I live in East Java, working as a freelance illustrator, designer, comic artist. nice to meet you all :) oh and Happy New Year! navetsea
Hi, Tri-State Area. College Student. I'm a sucker for Ralph Lauren and Raw Denim. I love to: read (anything but romance novels lol), stumble at playing guitar, listen to music, enjoy fine cigars, dabble in photography, and follow street wear and men's wear trends. I also am big into pretty much all types of movies. AidanSSK

doodledoc

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name is Jason and I am a lawyer in Los Angeles, California (passed the bar in November). I am looking for advice on suits.

lartiste

Reaction score
Hi

Happy to be member of this great board. I am a long time reader of the board and finally decided to join the community and participate activelly in discussions.

I am a lawyer within Central Europe. I am always trying to improve my professional wardrobe and also private wardrobe. I prefer classic style with a little eccentricity (I mean just a little bit :) ).

And I love shoes ;).

Looking forward to join and enjoy discussions!

Lartiste

finite-

Reaction score
21/m/london

trying to learn how to dress so i'll be posting in waywt and lurking rest of threads. looking for criticisms and advice, don't spare my feelings pls~

Last edited:

Greyshot26

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm Devon, right now situated in South-Central PA, but graduate in May and who knows where I end up after that. I'm both excited and terrified about the future currently. I've been on Reddit for a long time and am a big fan of the Goodyearwelt and Rawdenim communities over there and for whatever reason, I had always just skipped a Styleforum membership. But being on Winter Break with an ungodly amount of time on my hands, I've decided to get involved over here as well.

I went to Germany at the beginning of this year to study abroad and ended up running a lot to deal with stress and homesickness, causing me to finally drop those pesky 15 or so pounds that I felt always kept me from looking alright. Feeling a bit of pride in my appearance for the first time in my life, I decided I should start dressing better as well. I don't think I ever dressed extremely poorly, but I was a big fan of matching sneakers to shirts and I wore a lot of baseball t's and pre-faded denim. I never stood out for looking good, of course, but I did at least always wear things that mostly fit and I take some pride in that fact.

As the months passed, I did a lot of brand research and realized that the brands I favored: Express and American Eagle, weren't very highly regarded as far as quality/style went and I decided to upgrade myself to Uniqlo and J. Crew and J. Crew Factory and I feel that the style and quality of those brands definitely eclipses that of my former brands. I still purchase American Eagle occasionally, I think a lot of their pieces still are pretty good, especially for the price. But more and more, I find myself wanting to go even further. I want higher quality raw denim, flannels and the like. I recently purchased my first Gitman Bros. Vintage shirt by proxy at their sample sale earlier this month and am so pleased with the weight and quality that I plan to wear it once a week, if not more often. Just today I purchased my Wolf vs. Goat rewards membership, as I know it's headed away shortly and would love to pick up a shirt or two from Mauro whenever I see something that piques my interest. I'm lucky to be close enough that I may stop in for a visit, just to figure out sizing. Other brands I'd like to move up to eventually: SNS Herning, Howlin', Inverallen, The Real McCoys, Homespun Knitwear, Merz B Schwanen, Viberg and some others I'm certainly forgetting. But I know it's a slow process.

It's great to be here and I look forward to probably lurking for 3 months and then eventually posting a few things.

Cheers!

winghus

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been lurking here for a while now. I finally decided to join so I can actually be part of the discussion. Hopefully I've read enough here to not be lambasted too badly by the regulars when I ask for advice :D.

rxixaxn

Reaction score
Hey,

26/M/Boston

Can't really say that I'm into fashion, but I just like wearing comfortable clothes and still looking good.

I guess you can categorize my style as "street" style;

Last edited:

tryst

Reaction score
Hey,
29, M, South Dakota

Came here after asking too many questions at AAAC. Looking to upgrade from the jeans and t-shirt look. Heavier set build.

atw123

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm Andrew. I joined mostly to sell an item I purchased online that I can't send back. But, I've also come across this forum by my google searches from time to time and have found it helpful. The item is a Nanamica cruiser jacket that is a bit too small. Look for it in the marketplace.

EuroTrip

Reaction score
Hi guys; I'm Eric. I'm from Europe (hence the name), and currently live in Nashville, TN. I've been lurking for a few weeks on the forum and decided it's about time I register.

Landau

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

I've been lurking here for a few years; decided to finally join.

Hope to see you around!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads