• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Surrey

Reaction score
Hello,

Seems like every time I'm doing research for anything dressy I end up here on the forum so I thought why not join in.
Have particular interest in classic shoes, Barbour jackets and Italian clothing. I'm the kind of guy that doesn't mind handing a Barbour jacket in to a tailor for a bespoke makeover. I think it's worth taking the risk cause when it succeeds, it's simply a great feeling. And when it fails, you learn from it.
When I got something to post, I'll post. Might share a pic every now and then as well.

Cheers

dallan

Reaction score
Greetings...
I have had a long standing interest in a great colour pallet with which to surround myself each day. Since attending Parsons School of Design in NYC as a tenor sax player and discovering the great threads of Ben Webster, Duke Ellington, Charlie Parker and Miles Davis, my perception of hip has been forever influenced in a very positive way. Love a great cut, nice fabric and a great pocket square. Often, I can be found making my rounds in a Brooks blazer and cowboy boots. Deep in the high mountains of Colorado, next to a small brook in a field of wildflowers is my home away from home. Love spending time at the Chopra Center in California with the requisite headlong dive into the Pacific...!
Keep up the great work and share your Light.
Namaste'
d.

greenbbt

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just recently joined after lurking for a little while. Just looking to build out a functional and stylish wardrobe for both business and casual functions. :) I find that this forum provides a lot of great advice and it definitely helped out my friend who was looking to buy the perfect suit and other accessories for his engagement proposal.

Looking forward to contributing what I can to this group.

Cheers. :)

jeeef

Reaction score
howdy,
just joined, ive been an intermittent reader when looking for info on bespoke shoes. live in north carolina teaching myself cordwaining soon going to europe to find an apprenticeship :) !
anywhodle thats me!

Magnakai

Reaction score
Long time lurker here. I finally got round to registering when I spotted something on the Classifieds section I couldn't resist. I already post over in /r/malefashionadvice, but looking to broaden my horizons a little.

AfricanMerc

Reaction score
I am an Army Officer who is transitioning to the civilian world. My wardrobe has been dictated by the Army for the past 9 years and I am subsequently clueless on how to dress professionally. I realize how I dress, impacts people’s perception of me and our relationship however brief or long. Initially I was planning on going to Men's Warehouse to purchase a job interview suit, after reading many posts here, I decided to do all my shopping at Brooks Brothers. After reading some more, I've become thoroughly confused and decided to join the forum for further study of business wear before wasting my funds. I agree with and enjoy many posters perspective on clothes here. Quality is paramount coupled with a reasonable price.

Noah In NYC

Reaction score
Hi Guys. I'm Noah. I live in NYC, though I travel for work a bit. I'm on a journey to improve my work wardrobe. I've been lurking the Classic Menswear What Are You Wearing Right Now boards, and I plan to start posting there soon in order to get some constructive criticism.

For my day job, I'm in User Experience. Most people haven't heard of it, so I'll try to explain. It's basically using psychology to make websites and applications easier to use and more fun. It's a blend of science and art, and I try to express that a bit with my clothing. That means that I need to keep my clothes business casual or semi-formal, but that I should also stand out.

For my side gig, I'm a magician. I'm part of a dinner show here in NYC. I tend to wear suits when I'm performing as well, so that's another distinct journey in terms of style.

I'm married. No kids yet.

I overthink things and I'm self-absorbed, so here's some more about me. I never wear brown. I enjoy a good scotch, tea, or coffee. And good food. I struggle with physical fitness. My friends think I'm a spy for the government. I have a PhD, and I did my dissertation on video games. I'm a maximizer (I tend to think there's a "right" way to do things). I take constructive criticism well.

Crusty48

Reaction score
Gday.
I'm an Aussie living in the UK,
Love quality clothes, always in boots & jeans, or shorts and t shirt.
You can take the boy from the outback...

Brad1

Reaction score
I'm Brad, 20 years old from Essex!
Just stumbled across the forum after looking for some advice on a dress suit. Lover of all clothing, as well as having a soft spot for Watches.
I work in an office and play semi professional rugby.
Looking to improve my wardrobe as a whole.
Thanks,
Brad.

RedHand

Reaction score
Hey y'all. I'm from Wilmington NC. I've been lurking for a bit and decided it was time to join up and contribute. At present the most compelling and clamorous of all my sartorial passions is a first pair of Alden's. Like many men, the mildly obsessive urge to acquire and curate is in my nature, so a pair of Cigar Shell Alden Indy's seem the perfect entry-level purchase (gateway purchase? lol) for what I hope will eventually become a respectable Alden collection.

-Ian

cdes14

Reaction score
Hi my name is Chris I have been selling suits for 10 years and have read some of these post and find the information very helpful. I am always looking to learn more.

brendabogle

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

How are you? My name is Brenda and I am health and fitness lover. I joined this community because of great stuff and information here. Enjoying my stay here.

Classic II

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

My name is Classic and I´m a longtime reader of this forum. Now I finally decided to register and to bore you all to death with this brief introduction.

I am from Germany and style is essential to me in every part of my life. My preferred direction of clothing is undogmatic, relaxed and classic Ivy League. But please don´t confuse "undogmatic" with the trendy slim fitting-too short jackets, wannabe-ivy/fake-preppy rubbish, you see on tons of Tumblrs nowadays. Ok, I might be a little dogmatic.

I collect vinyl records (Jazz, Soul, all things 60s), I´m a mid-century modern freak (furniture, achitecture, etc.) and I enjoy good books, good food, whisky, gin and champagne. As for sports, I´m into skiing and sailing. I also run a little Tumblr myself: aguycalledclassic.tumblr.com

That´s all for now. Please don´t hesitate to ask questions.

The Passion

Reaction score
I'm the Passion. I've been reading Styleforum for around a year now and joined because you can't view pictures without a account.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads