• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ashicogirl

Reaction score
I'm Rachel, and I'm mostly here to learn more about men's fashion, since my boyfriend of one year is a styleforum member and a fashion-conscious male. I am currently an undergraduate piano student at the Juilliard School in New York.

sblauert

Reaction score
Hi -- I'm Stephen. I live northeast of Philadelphia, PA, USA. Very close to the King of Prussia Mall, which I've seen referred to several times on this forum!

I joined sf in 2012 but had just started a career in sales and had literally no money to speak of, so I couldn't really entertain many of the ideas I initially found. Now, I'm in more of a position to build my wardrobe, and have made it one of my goals in 2015! This past week (2nd week of January) I went through my closet and drawers and threw out / donated pretty much anything that wasn't "classic" in style -- stripped my current wardrobe to the bare minimum so I can build it back the right way.

I'm interested in finding pieces that will last for a long time, even if I have to pay a bit for them. I'm tired of horribly manufactured clothing!

So, a little bit about "me". It's hard for me to find brands of clothing that truly fit me for the following reasons:

- shorter arms/wide torso (bit of a gut) - so many long sleeve shirts I try on that actually fit around the waist have arms that are wayyyy too long
- wide feet - hard to find a good selection of shoes
- muscular thighs & short inseam - no "slim fit" pants/jean for me!
- I'm 5'7", roughly 205 lbs. The extra weight is all in my midsection, I dont' really get "fat" anywhere else

I'm excited to take a look around the forum and interact with members after being gone so long! If anyone out there has the same body type as me or the issues I listed above, I'd really love to hear some suggestions.

Thanks!

demac

Reaction score
Hello from Houston!

I'm a High School teacher who lost 50 pounds and, as the opportunity was there, changed wardrobe and style as a result. I have been thrifting most of my life, so I used that to build a new wardrobe.

I now 'dress' for work every day with jacket, tie (usually bow tie) and 'nice' shoes. My style varies, but it's mostly traditional american with a touch of Italian dandyism thrown in. My students encouraged me to start a WIWT tumblr, which is kind of silly, but I do it anyway. http://teechaswag.tumblr.com/

I began to sell my old stuff on ebay, then I started to sell new stuff that didn't end up fitting or fitting in, then I realized I was making money, now I sell on ebay fairly regularly. I sell a lot of Brooks Brothers, Allen Edmonds, Zegna, Hickey Freeman, Paul Stuart, etc. I'd like to post some of those things on these forums from time to time and when rules allow. I won't advertise that here (or anywhere on SF) until I'm more familiar with rules and protocol, and this post isn't meant to be some way around that.

southern-swede

Reaction score
Hey!

I'm a Swede who started to enjoy the beauty of dressing nice maybe one year ago.
Have been lurking here a while, mostly in the shoe threads and the Luxire thread.
Also love to see the inspiration in the what are you wearing right now thread.

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

New to the forums, been following for about a year. Taken up thrifting as well. Hope I will be able to contribute in some way.
Thanks.

Mhmt83

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I m Mehmet. Im 32, living in Spain and originally from Turkey. I have been following you for a long time. Hope i will be able to participate and learn more here with you guys.

Thanks and regards

nstarleather

Reaction score
Hi Just joined both because I like style and because I think this forum will help me know the right direction to move with my business.
I also think I can be a good resource for anyone who wants to know about leather.

We're a small American leather manufacturing company, so my interest here is see how I can take some of my products to the next level.
I've just launched some of my standard products in Horween leathers, and I'm using what I can glean from this forum to know what other items to add in these amazing leathers. If you haven't heard of us check us out: North Star Leather.

I'm not trying to shamelessly self-promote- just introducing who I am and why I'm here.

willthiswork

Reaction score
Hey guys. Good to be here! I'm 18, high school debate captain, and the best dressed man at any tournament thanks to advice I get right here. I work as a journalist summers and breaks, usually on the political beats, so between work, prep school, and a Southern Baptist Church, I'm in at least a jacket and tie nearly every day.I dig rockabilly, punk rock, Cary Grant, Rand Paul, and bass playing. Looking forward to asking questions and raising the sartorial bar back to where it belongs!

Cpwilly

Reaction score
Greetings,
Im from southeast Missouri, and havnt given too much attention to the finer point of my style until I started with TrunkClub nearly a year ago. Im sure this forum will help me learn even more.

CraigAK

Reaction score
Born and raised Alaskan. I am here to observe for my business, and contribute when I can.

A bit about my business (not trying to spam, just explain why I am here):

To diminish fishery waste and encourage sustainable fishing practices, Tidal Vision manufactures apparel and accessories out of fishery byproducts.

To be more specific, we make fish/salmon leather wallets, belts, purses, etc. We also make shirts and apparel out of a fiber/biopolymer that we remove from crab/shrimp shells. We are in the upcycling and eco-friendly niches.

I am hoping to bounce ideas off of this community.

Craig Kasberg
Tidal Vision
TidalVisionUSA.com

S

Skinny Jeans

Hello,

My name is Colin and I like skinny jeans. What else can I say except "not too tight"?

I recently started surfing around this forum and decided to join when I noticed a potential issue with odd creasing on my new Allen Edmonds Park Avenue shoes.

Thanks for having me!

Colin

wchudnow

Reaction score
I'm Will and came here in search of formal wear on a budget because I hate spending a lot on clothing. How many people on this forum shop menswear on a budget?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads