• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

alboo

Reaction score
Alboo is the name most people know me and do some business under. I don't think I've ever met face to face anyone that knows more about traditional hardy boots and shoes than myself. Using traditional in the sense of Alden, BB - aldens, peal mostly by C&J I think, C&J, Edward Green. I know there are plenty on this forum that make my knowledge look like nothing. My clothing might lean a little more to UK 1940's, but lots of Trad. Never continental fashion clothing or footwear. Oh, I am from Oklahoma and grew up around ranches and polo; thus there are a lot of custom made cowboy boots and hats mixed in with the above. Equine related apparel is in the above styles so I rarely look to far away from that.

Thanks,

alboo

Padstar

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Vay.

I recently hit 30 and feeling great. But it's about time I learned how to dress like a man. That's why I've ended up here.

chispadelche

Reaction score
Hey all, my name is Jose I'm close to hitting 20. I'm very into vintage clothing such as silks, baroques, prints, floral etc.
Recently I requested help to find the brand of a shirt that caught my eye.
Hope to stay for long!

Thanks

BenjaminsShoes

Reaction score
My name is Benjamin, I'm a long-time menswear nerd living in California. Follow a long list of menswear sites on the daily: four-pins, acl, highsnob, selectism, wearethemarket, etc etc.
Trying to clear the low-tier crap out of my closet and replace it with more upper echelon brands. Would love to cop some Loro Piana or Isaia, my wish list basket on Mr Porter is v long. Have been meaning to create a profile on here for years and finally getting around to it now.
Been studying and making shoes by hand for a few years and recently partnered with an attorney friend of mine to launch our own shoe brand. Currently in start-up mode, but attempting to find investors that actually care about menswear (in San Francisco it's hard to find anyone not interested in tech only) so if you know of anyone please send them our way. Thanks for having me on SF.

Best

DDT1983

Reaction score
Hi everyone - I'm DT and I have been following these forums for awhile as a guest. Been getting into suits and these forums have been very helpful in finding what suits me well. I look forward to contributing.

Someguy13

Reaction score
Hi. I've been lurking for a while reading peoples' opinions on stuff for a while, and recently I've been looking for something chic to tote my latest slab of metal in. Happened on a marketplace post here for a Burberry briefcase. Now I'm torn between that and a Prada bag.

Oh, and I'm the kinda guy that mostly wears cheap white t-shirts (with nice jeans, at least) with my jacket in the middle of the city during off-hours. I guess I'm just weird like that. Or in dire need of decent shirts.

Last edited:

LgFriess

Reaction score
Hello!

I've been lurking around for a couple of weeks and just signed up today.

I ended up here when I started looking for my first real suit (I'm 42, and just generally never have really needed one) and boy what an education so far.

I always end up researching anything I'm going to spend a bit of money on because although I don't mind spending the cash, I want to spend it on good quality merchandise.

So, I've bought my first pair of real shoes (Allen Edmonds) and picked up my first real suit (Oxxford, from a fellow forum member on ebay).

I love the information I've found here and will probably drive my wife crazy spending too much money.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You just wrote my introductory post as well, even the same age. New job requires me to meet with executives at Fortune 100 company and now I have to start dressing like a grownup. I also have been eyeing some AEs and just haven't pulled the trigger yet. Still a little ways behind you as I haven't actually bought anything, still doing the research.

DrewBru75

Reaction score

Hi all,

Does anyone actually read these Hi threads? 

Nope.lol

That said, I'm also brand new on here and have finally figured out what I want my style to be. Right now I'm a small guy in the corporate world but am seeking advancement every way I can. I'm 28, married and have a 2 year old boy.

I honestly am just trying to get used to the Sf and men's fashion in general because I'm mostly clueless. I know when I see something if I like it or not but overall I am beginning at step 1.

Glad to be here!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads