• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jonms94

Reaction score
Howdy, my name is Jon, I am a guy who enjoys the relaxation side of life, I joined because I like to talk to other people about style and get feed back.

oldskl

Reaction score
hello

my names will and signed up to talk about things maybe fashion related

from uk, favourite brand would be either stone island or paul smith

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm Elio, have been reading this forum for years and finally decided to join. Living in the sartorial wasteland that's called Jakarta, Indonesia.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm Elio, have been reading this forum for years and finally decided to join. Living in the sartorial wasteland that's called Jakarta, Indonesia.

Reaction score
I'm a senior in High School in Greenville, SC, heading to Northwestern University next year.

In general, I just wear dark jeans, or shorts that are kind of cargo-ish, and then whatever t-shirt is in my closet. My shoes are usually Toms, or Boat Shoes (hoping to get Sperry's), although I also like my SoleRebels. Basically I have no style at all, other than comfortable. I guess I'm mostly interested in advice and information on cheap, comfortable, everyday fashion for college guys. I don't like Khaki's and Polos like what seems to be the dominate college fashion (I'm not much of a prep), though so that probably doesn't help.

ThatGuy604

Reaction score
Hello StyleForum,

I'm Nate, a 26 year old graduate about to enter the corporate world where I am expected to wear a suit and tie everyday. I'm a jeans/tshirt/hoody kind of guy normally and could definitely use some pointers on how to look sharp in a business environment.

I look forward to asking a million questions, and some day answering a few as well.

patluri

Reaction score
Hi.

I'm a 41 yo upper extremity surgeon in the Chicago area.

I am married with three kids.

I've been wearing Brioni / Isaia / Oxxford suits for the past 9 years, but I never bothered learning anything about fine clothes. I've just relied on the guys at Syd Jerome's in Chicago to dress me.

Hopefully, I can learn something from you guys.

BTW, I think I wear 50R/40R.

maxpatch

Reaction score
Hello hello,
I'm a 21 year old student, 6'7" 195, thin but annoyingly shaped for finding conventional clothing that fits and flatters (thick calfs, nobbly knees, thick thighs, thin waist, skinny chest, broad shoulders, long neck). I have the oddest combination of strengths and weaknesses for clothing, when it fits it looks great but it's oh so hard to find clothing that fits. I have very square shoulders that look great in the right suit but most suits have pads to give other guys that look so I end up looking like my head is stuck on a rectangle, just thought everyone (being no one who actually reads these) should know. I'm currently trying to upgrade my clothing slightly to better fitting and better styled clothing, doing the typical student thing of moving from hoodies and jeans to chinos/khakis/slacks and shirts/sport coats/nicer things.

If anyone has read this and can offer suggestions of places to shop/how to dress all this height I would greatly appreciate it!
Thanks
Maxpatch

sakecoltrane

Reaction score
I'm Craig, I'm the president of a boutique marketing agency just outside Philadelphia. One of my clients is Frank Ventresca of Ventresca LTD and working with him has given me a new appreciation for the artistry of menswear.

Reaction score
Greetings gentlemen,

My name is Mike. I am an independent business consultant. I don't typically have to be too concerned with my attire in regards to my business appearance. I do however like to dress up on occasion when "outside the office", after lurking on these forms for several months I've come to realize that most of my suits, sport coats, blazers, etc... are of ill fit (even after tailoring) or are of poor quality (fully fused or only half canvassed).

I'm mainly here to learn from the membership, ask the occasional question or two... and perhaps offer my own advice or input on the rare occasion I have something of value to add to the discussion.

Last edited:

chasen54

Reaction score
Hi all,

Well... I'm a semi-skinny jean's and plaid patterend shirt type of guy, with a nice pair of chucks or PF's. I've been trying to vary up my style recently, with some Oxfords and desert boots (which I need to purchase) and such, and might even throw a tie in soon enough. My biggest hurdle, is dressing for the job I want. The industry I'm in tends to be extremely lax about clothing, but I want to look like something more!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads