• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ice Hockey

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
bigger pics of your Avatar and I'll think about it!

133habsplacematgirl.jpg

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woooh Vancouver! They are my go to team when the Oilers are out of it...Nice to see them start off with a win.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
133habsplacematgirl.jpg

Now without the ugly habs logo
laugh.gif
jk

NO UPSET IN VANCOUVER BITCHEZZZZ!!!

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
OK - anyone care to revise their predictions after tonight's MTL win in OT!! Woohoo!!
No, but I hope I'm wrong. I also hope Alberts does get suspended for that hit; if tonight is any indication, him taking penalties is the only way the kings can score goals. And here, gentlemen, is by far the stop of the playoffs so far. What a SAVE! Completely robbed the game away from LA on that one.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fcuknu
He hasnt exactly been stellar in the playoffs in the past.

last year AO had 11 goals, 10 assists, and was a +10 in 14 playoff games. I would kill to have a 1.5 playoff point per game person on my team. Even Crosby has averaged about 1.3 PPG (and a good number of those came last year against a goalie with less than 10 games of NHL experience). Last year Malkin was also at the 1.5 PPG pace, and IMO the reason why the Pens won the cup and why he was the MVP.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I wasn't aware that the other 5 players on the ice didn't matter one bit in a team sport. Their go-to guy on the D went numb (the D is important) in the playoffs and their goalie, well, his "experience" showed by letting in some real softies from the blue line. But, yeah, ok, I can see this as AO's fault or his "doesn't get it done". 7 games to the eventual cup champs, I can't see the blanket "loser" statement being applied to AO just yet.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
good win by the Pens. Crosby schooled Spezza on that goal, MVP of the game in my book. Two in the east are now tied and switching arenas.

StolenCar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
good win by the Pens. Crosby schooled Spezza on that goal, MVP of the game in my book. Two in the east are now tied and switching arenas.

Spezza looked even worse on the first goal.

I like this Ottawa team way more than the more successful ones a few years ago. It's too bad Ottawa didn't have a**holes like Rutuu on the roster earlier this decade. They wouldn't have exited like pansies every year. My brain is scarred by umpteen images of deer-in-the-headlights Wade Redden softly floating pucks up the centre in his own zone.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StolenCar
Spezza looked even worse on the first goal.

I like this Ottawa team way more than the more successful ones a few years ago. It's too bad Ottawa didn't have a**holes like Rutuu on the roster earlier this decade. They wouldn't have exited like pansies every year. My brain is scarred by umpteen images of deer-in-the-headlights Wade Redden softly floating pucks up the centre in his own zone.

yeah, i wonder what they'd be like with chara still kicking around. don't really like the sens, i feel they're fodder for the pens esp. without michalek and kovalev.

for some reason, i feel that vancouver will go far, and that LA will probably be their best competition. seeing chicago fold to nashville was pathetic. luongo is gonna hit his stride and the sedin twins are gonna light it up.

this is coming from a flames fan, so it just might happen..!

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
If one of the top 2 teams lose and Vantown wins, we are in good shape, with home ice advantage in round 2 against PHO or DET. Long way to go before that happens though. Hope this Quick guy stops outplaying Luo, because he was fantastic in game 1.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hard2Fit
Caps really know how to unimpress when it counts.

they've been one step behind most of the game, and I don't just mean in goals.

AO, however, is waking up and starting to taking over.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads