• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I think I hate San Francisco.

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ate at Suppenkuche once. I don't like German food, but I understand the urge to invade France after eating it.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing to do right next to Fishermans Wharf is the Buena Vista Cafe for an Irish coffee. Skip the whole wharf, it really is tacky, and head to the Ferry Building for Hog Island oysters while watching the boats come and go.

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One thing to do right next to Fishermans Wharf is the Buena Vista Cafe for an Irish coffee. Skip the whole wharf, it really is tacky, and head to the Ferry Building for Hog Island oysters while watching the boats come and go.
Good Catch. The USS Pampanito Museum and Musee Mechanique are also worth seeing. If you visit the latter, watch Stroszek on Netflix the night before, and bring a live chicken.

As for eating: Pat's Cafe and Mo's in North Beach are great for breakfast. Clement Street is a great walk with great places to eat, from the Garlic Rolls at Village Pizzeria to the pork belly at Burma Superstar to Chicken & Waffles at Hard Knox.

I have no idea what "Mission Mexican Food" is. There are some good Central American places however, especially Haltun.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
The only good thing about Fisherman's Wharf is the sea lions, if you like that sort of thing.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

On one level this is already over. Gummit set the fee at $1 per stop per use. Some folks are still complaining that if your carpool did the same you'd be ticketed $271 - but first, you'd have to get caught. 

I got this today via a car-related mailing list:

(New California DMV Law Effective 1/1/2014).

- Driving without driver license: $214
- After 10 days changing of address without notifying DMV: $214
- Driving without car insurance & having car accident: $796 with license suspension for 4 years
- Run Red Light: $533
- Run over 2 yellow double solid lane: $425
- Forbidden U-Turn: $284
- Exceeding Speed Limit (from 1-15 miles): $224
- Exceeding Speed Limit (from 16-25 miles): $338
- Driving too slow: $328
- Do not stop at Stop Sign: $284
- Pass Transportation Bus when light flashing: $675
- Using hand phone while driving (first time): $160
- Parking in Bus reserved area: $976
- Do not turn light on when it is dark (30 mins): $382
- Cover car to block sun while driving: $178
- No Seat Belt while driving: $160
- Kids without Seat Belt or Car Seat by law: $436
- Wear head set on both ears while driving: $178

All of the above tickets require "Traffic Violator Class". After completing class, record will be kept for 18 months.

Last edited:

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions! If nothing else, I look forward to a few good meals, weather that's a bit warmer and some time with the gf.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads