• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I Just Bought a... (Wine, Spirit, or Beer)

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The newest addition:

King Francis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IUtoSLU
The newest addition:

inlove.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IUtoSLU
The newest addition:

Very nice.

My wife surprised me yesterday. She came home with some Berringer Private Reserve, 2004 yesterday. She found it onsale for $50.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Had some shipments arrive today. Sorry, too much for good pictures, just snapped pics as they went from shipping container to cellar. Included are Stefania, Kelly Fleming, two mags of Merry Edwards, over a case of mixed 750s from Merry Edwards, and a case of AP Vin pinots.

DSC00777.jpg

DSC00778.jpg

DSC00779.jpg

DSC00780.jpg

My magnums!

DSC00782.jpg

DSC00783.jpg

DSC00784.jpg

DSC00785.jpg

DSC00786.jpg

DSC00787.jpg

DSC00788.jpg

DSC00789.jpg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Piobaire: Shame to keep such fine looking wine in a cellar. Good time for an SF wine and cheese party!
drool.gif

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People who drink magnums are happier. At least that is what they tell me.....
Next year I start on the cellar -- there is going to be a display area in the center for a few magnums and showy things. Can't wait!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
People who drink magnums are happier. At least that is what they tell me.....
Next year I start on the cellar -- there is going to be a display area in the center for a few magnums and showy things. Can't wait!

We'll all be expecting pictures, as seeing your bar, we know your cellar will be spectacular.

I already have one mag scheduled. We have a beach house rented from an associate, in a private gated community in Mexico. I will be saving that packing case for the AP Vin, and bringing an entire case, including a Merry magnum
smile.gif

RedScarf7

Reaction score
I just bought a bottle of "Comtes de Champagne" by Taittinger. It is a '96 I believe. Anyone know if its any good or not? I know nothing about the finer points of champagne so info that can be offered is appreciated.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RedScarf7
I just bought a bottle of "Comtes de Champagne" by Taittinger. It is a '96 I believe. Anyone know if its any good or not? I know nothing about the finer points of champagne so info that can be offered is appreciated.

Short answer: it's good.

Long answer: IIRC, Comtes de Champagne is Taittinger's prestige Blanc de Blancs (100% Chardonnay). 1996 was a very good year across Champagne, though I've never had this specific bottle personally. If I were you, I'd find a special occasion relatively soon (within 5 years at most I'd hazard) to drink it... it's probably about perfect now!

I don't tend to go for the prestige cuvees personally as they don't exactly hit the sweet spot of value for my wine budget. But now you've got it, you'll definitely enjoy it a lot (unless you're just not a champagne person at all)!

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Macallan is good but not worth the price in my opinion. I much prefer Glenmorangie.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads