• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to deal with B&S Seller

Status
Not open for further replies.

PL92106

Reaction score
That sucks OP. Hope it works out for you (full refund+return shipping seems justified). Silver lining is a heads-up for the rest of us on the seller.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a side note and not to hijack this thread but as a seller who shipped an item to Australia about a month ago and it has not shown up, what is the way to approach this fairly? Half refund to the buyer? Item was $70 shipped so not a pair of lobbs...

I'm in Australia and waiting for a pair of C&Js that were posted to me from the UK on 12/12. There's a pretty big backlog with the public holidays and the amount of things being sent over Christmas so I'd give it a little more time.

On the other hand, some other stuff I ordered (e.g. from Kent Wang on 26/12) arrived yesterday.

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lesson learned! If I purchase something again on any site then I'll copy pictures. Didn't realize that was necessary, I don't copy pictures from BB when I order stuff from them.

But, I do know based on the pictures and description, I was sent the wrong shoe. The fact that I never received a response to my question about my original purchase implies it was intentional. If you cannot see the bs pulled then, the proverbial you, are crazy!

And yes, bandonk is the seller who pulled this and violated B&S rules.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm in Australia and waiting for a pair of C&Js that were posted to me from the UK on 12/12. There's a pretty big backlog with the public holidays and the amount of things being sent over Christmas so I'd give it a little more time.

On the other hand, some other stuff I ordered (e.g. from Kent Wang on 26/12) arrived yesterday.

Ok thanks for the info. Another item I mailed the same day took an extra week to get to Canada so maybe I went to the post office at the wrong day or something like that.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Me: I need it and my money, plus shipping. Shoes are cool, but not what you advertised. Please return both today and shoes will ship in the morning.

Please refund my money and shipping costs. I should not have to wait because you lied about a product and then removed the pictures-all may you disreputable!!!!

1. The seller did offer a refund.
2. You asked immediate full refund + return shipping. Before you ship the shoes.

I agree that pulling the pictures and using the wrong descriptions is wrong on the seller side. But no sane person will refund the full amount and give you funds for return shipping without getting back the returned shoes. That leaves the seller the huge risk of 1) losing the item and 2) losing the fund.

He made an mistake. And you are being unreasonable. His mistake does not give you the right to be rude.

p.s., maybe instead of asking him to give you full refund + return shipping before you actually ship the item (potential scam alert), you should ask nicely for the return postage first, ship the shoes, and then he refund the rest of the amount...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Im guessing this is badonk?

The member has been banned pending payment of a $2K fine for repeated violations of the easy to follow rules in B&S. He is, of course, not obligated to pay the fine. However, if he in anyways attempts to circumvent the fine (for example, by registering under a new username), the fine will be raised to $10K (USD) and the matter will be handed over to a collections agency.

So... do I make myself clear, folks? It's a free service. However, you decide to **** around, and it's not so free anymore.

Last edited:

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The member has been banned pending payment of a $2K fine for repeated violations of the easy to follow rules in B&S. He is, of course, not obligated to pay the fine. However, if he in anyways attempts to circumvent the fine (for example, by registering under a new username), the fine will be raised to $10K (USD) and the matter will be handed over to a collections agency.
So... do I make myself clear, folks? It's a free service. However, you decide to **** around, and it's not so free anymore.

so he shipped the wrong item and took down pictures more than once?

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1. The seller did offer a refund.
2. You asked immediate full refund + return shipping. Before you ship the shoes.

I agree that pulling the pictures and using the wrong descriptions is wrong on the seller side. But no sane person will refund the full amount and give you funds for return shipping without getting back the returned shoes. That leaves the seller the huge risk of 1) losing the item and 2) losing the fund.

He made an mistake. And you are being unreasonable. His mistake does not give you the right to be rude.

p.s., maybe instead of asking him to give you full refund + return shipping before you actually ship the item (potential scam alert), you should ask nicely for the return postage first, ship the shoes, and then he refund the rest of the amount...
Too bad it wasn't a mistake. I can live with those. How did you get a mistake from his replies? And hell yeah, I want my money upfront, just like he got his upfront! You become a dick to me and I become one to you. I am not here to scam anyone. Conversely, I could send the shoes and not get a refund. We already see who has been less than forthright.

Last edited:

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have not seen any merchants who provide a full refund before they received the item, mistake or not.

But good luck to both parties. And to all of us.

p.s., mismatched description is a mistake and it does happen at times. Taken pictures off is a violation of rules. Don't think its a scam as he was selling quite a bit of items here already.

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have had it happen before.

Thanks on the well wishes.

His replies to my PM's don't imply a mistake, which I can deal with. His reply could have been a lot of things, other than "these shoes were a store display...." And I never received an answer to what happened to the shoe I originally ordered. My purchase was based on his other completed transactions.

nerve64

Reaction score

And hell yeah, I want my money upfront, just like he got his upfront! You become a dick to me and I become one to you. I am not here to scam anyone. Conversely, I could send the shoes and not get a refund. We already see who has been less than forthright.

That's where you made your mistake. Go to any brick and mortar store, online retail site, or even ebay. No one will issue a refund until after the item is returned. You said you filed a Paypal claim. Guess what? Paypal will not issue a refund until after the seller receives the returned item - this is how Paypal rules on ebay items returned because 'item was not as described". On issues about return shipping costs, Paypal requires the seller to send a postage paid shipping label, preferably with a tracking number. The seller in your case DID offer a refund, but you started dictating your own rules. My suggestion is to wait for Paypal to decide on the verdict. I bet you, Paypal WILL require you to ship the item first. Once the tracking number proves the item was received, you get your funds back, with the shipping cost.

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^That's fine, as long as I don't loose out. It really wasn't about getting the money up front, I was being a jerk, but wanted the commitment of a refund of monies, including the shipping. I have faith in Paypal, I have spent so much through them I have an elevated resolution status.

stylemeup

Reaction score

On issues about return shipping costs, Paypal requires the seller to send a postage paid shipping label, preferably with a tracking number.

No, they won't. They will tell the buyer to pay to ship it back with his own money.

^^That's fine, as long as I don't loose out..

Unfortunately you are going to lose out on the return shipping costs, unless the seller chooses to pay them for you. If he doesn't choose that, there is not a darn thing you can do about it to get that money back, no matter what dispute avenue you try. That's one of the risks a buyer takes for doing business on the Internet.

Conversely, I could send the shoes and not get a refund. We already see who has been less than forthright.

The way to solve that is to open a dispute with Paypal over the item right now.

If Paypal sides with you, then what the seller does or does not do after that is irrelevant to you getting your money back. You are going to get your refund regardless of if the seller wouldn't have chosen to give it to you.

But you will still have to pay for return shipping out of your own pocket.

Since you are worried about being further scammed, just keep the shoes with you until you win the dispute, and at that time, follow the instructions that Paypal will give you for sending them back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads