• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How much is your electric bill?

CrazyJ

Reaction score
I only bring this up because my electric bill was ******* ridiculous this month... $250, for what a 1300sq ft. house with two people and three dogs. WTF mate. I know I live in Florida and everything and it's ridiculously hot, but bloody hell. I think I know what drove it up $100 more than what it was last month- we hadn't replaced the air filter for about 3 months since we moved in pretty much, causing our AC's coil to freeze and basically run without generating any air. So USUALLY it's about $140-160 a month.

What about you guys? What's your living situation/electric bill? Got any tips besides unplugging everything?

whusurdadi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine is usually $250 a month - my parent's usually have a $575 bill...
blush.gif
my parents keep it at 65 all year round
facepalm.gif

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Averages about $200 a month. I have a two story and live alone. I do my own laundry and have electric heating and AC.

Andrew V.

Reaction score
$10-$15 in the winter, $30-$40 in the summer.

S. Paul

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CrazyJew
I only bring this up because my electric bill was ******* ridiculous this month... $250, for what a 1300sq ft. house with two people and three dogs. WTF mate. I know I live in Florida and everything and it's ridiculously hot, but bloody hell. I think I know what drove it up $100 more than what it was last month- we hadn't replaced the air filter for about 3 months since we moved in pretty much, causing our AC's coil to freeze and basically run without generating any air. So USUALLY it's about $140-160 a month.

What about you guys? What's your living situation/electric bill? Got any tips besides unplugging everything?

I live in South FL and yeah it's bloody hot all right. My electric bill goes from around $80-$100 in the winter up to $200-250 a month from June to October. I keep my filters changed on the A/C unit but it is also about 8.5 years old now. House is 2 story, 3 bed, about 2k sq. feet under air and thermostat is upstairs set at 74 most of the time.

So I figure my bills are about in line, I don't like it so I just pay it and don't think about it too much.

OP, don't forget to head to home depot and buy some spray cleaner (ask someone there) that is specifically for the coils on your AC unit. Spray 'em down and use a gentle bristle brush to clean the crap off and maybe that will help your efficiency a bit.

SP

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$150-250 depending on month/season

I don't understand how anyone could have a $10 monthly electricity bill. The various BS taxes and surcharges and whatever at the bottom of the bill add up to more than that already.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203

I don't understand how anyone could have a $10 monthly electricity bill. The various BS taxes and surcharges and whatever at the bottom of the bill add up to more than that already.

Supposedly just running my pilot light in my stove costs $16 a month. WTF?

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$287 for about 2200 sq ft in south fl. We've made a few modifications to hopefully decrease that next month.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking about that today. Got my bill yesterday and it was $190. It doesn't seem possible that I used that much electricity.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm not proud of this, but when I was staggeringly poor in college I hooked everything in my apartment up to a neighbour's line. Her bill doubled and mine was about $10 a month. I only did it for one semester.

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Originally Posted by cchen
I was just thinking about that today. Got my bill yesterday and it was $190. It doesn't seem possible that I used that much electricity.

We just got a bill for $20 for gas in a house we dont live in. That said, there is a gas hot water heater which I am guessing is eating some of it up.

Our bill for our 6 year old condo was about 50-60 in the winter (big plasma tv, etc..) but I am bracing for a 200+ bill this month due to the AC running non-stop.

On our new place, I am betting 150-300 for electricity and 100-250 for gas. FML.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
$247 this month. 2,000sf house in Texas. Has been below $100 in the winter.

In my old house (4,000sf with a pool and all the attendant equipment), $600-800 a month in the summer was pretty common. Had one month a few years ago where it got up to $1300. YIKES!!! It was an older house and not very energy efficient. Makes my $250 summer electric bills seem much more reasonable.

CMJTperry

Reaction score
Just received mine for June, $598.00. Sucks, live in Orlando house is 3400 sq feet but have 14 foot ceilings. I hate summer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads