• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How much is your electric bill?

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine is about $500 at the moment. My worst-ever combined utilities month (gas, electric, water) came to about $900. I seriously wish I had a smaller, more energy-efficient house.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Around $50 spring and fall. $100-125 in summer. $175 or so in winter.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WTF. I got charged 60 bucks for barely putting on the heater (like 1 time per week) during the winter in a tiny 1 bedroom in college.

Thieves.

CrazyJ

Reaction score
Well ****, the other bills posted here make me feel a little better about my own.

I think my place also suffers from the ******-insulated old house syndrome too, though. During the mid afternoon, some of the back rooms which were added on to the house heat up VERY fast compared to the main part where the living, dining, and kitchen room is, suggesting that insulation is nonexistant where the two bedrooms are. We tried getting solar curtains but that helped very minimally.

I think I'm gonna give that measuring thing from newegg a go, so I can see what exactly is so demanding on our bill. It's most likely the AC, but it's worth seeing what else is doin it.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CrazyJew
I think my place also suffers from the ******-insulated old house syndrome too, though. During the mid afternoon, some of the back rooms which were added on to the house heat up VERY fast compared to the main part where the living, dining, and kitchen room is, suggesting that insulation is nonexistant where the two bedrooms are. We tried getting solar curtains but that helped very minimally.

Yup. That'll do it.

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The best thing about my apartment is that electricity is already covered in the rent, so technically $0. Its a huge relief.

ceaton

Reaction score
$30 a month, 900sqft 2-bedroom, but Canadian, so...

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
$150-250 depending on month/season

I don't understand how anyone could have a $10 monthly electricity bill. The various BS taxes and surcharges and whatever at the bottom of the bill add up to more than that already.

Mine ranged from $25-35 usually, with at least two under $15 in 2006-2007. I am no Al Gore.

Electricity is included in rent now though
teacha.gif

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My electricity went up this year because of increase of price of coal. My month was $150 for 800 square feet apartment. I turn my AC off when I am not home. It's cheaper in the winter, because I barely turn my heater on.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have great siding and insulation, white vinyl roller shades, and painted my house white. It's 105F out and inside it is 77F. My bill is about $25
bigstar[1].gif
I don't even have A/C.

RedScarf7

Reaction score
Usually $150. We have a 42" and a 50" tv running probably 8-10 hours a day most days. It would be a lot less if my brother didn't game so hard.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ComEd's "estimated billing" sucks balls. My last few bills were $3 $0 $73 $139 $77 The 0 and 3 were due to having enough overpayment to cover almost 2 months. I have electric heat and now I have an AC unit on (although by my math from the Kill-a-watt, it is about 8c to run it for 2 hours which is far cheaper than heat which I also have to leave on while I am at work and sleeping).
Originally Posted by DocmanCC
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16882715001 You'd be surprised how much electricity, or how little, some things use. This will help you figure out what would be worthwhile leaving on or turning off.
I have one and it rocks. I used it to discover that my window AC unit uses exactly as much electricity on "Low" as it does on "High".

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last summer was the first summer in our house and it was pretty cool - we only had to turn on our AC one time and that was more to make sure it was still working than anything else. Our bill was never more than $50 a month for two people in a 2,800 square foot ranch house (we are both gone all day during the day as well).

This summer has been a lot hotter and my wife is about 8 months pregnant so we have been using the AC quite a bit. I'm bracing myself for what the next bill will be (the last bill for May 28 to June 29 was about $75).

Vistro

Reaction score
Averages around $150.00 per month here. House I live in was built in 1880, and is only slightly more insulated than when it went up. I rent, so can't do much about it.

It's baffling for me to think of anyone paying under $50 for electricity and actually spending much time in their place. This is probably because I live in Lousiana, where the summers are brutal and utilities are monopolized.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrjosh