• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homeland on Showtime.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Schwazer

Reaction score

Schwazer

Reaction score
Saul***

thezolt

Reaction score
An amazing show with great acting and characters. I am always on the fence about Carey but I've finally decided - she's hot.

Schwazer

Reaction score
Carrie***

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did anyone else know Brody was British?

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the first few episodes I was trying to think of why I recognized him and it was driving me crazy. He was Boremont in Your Highness.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I knew this because of Band of Brothers. I just saw Parade's End (BBC miniseries) and realized that Al Capone from Boardwalk Empire is also British (he's also in BoB). A lot of these guys were in BoB because it was filmed in England and I remember reading they had a quota of British actors they to meet. Damien Lewis, Stephen Graham, Simon Pegg, James McAvoy, the guy who plays Moriarty in Sherlock (who I just looked up and is actually Irish). Every time I watch that series I recognize someone else who's gone on to other high profile projects.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I knew this because of Band of Brothers. I just saw Parade's End (BBC miniseries) and realized that Al Capone from Boardwalk Empire is also British (he's also in BoB). A lot of these guys were in BoB because it was filmed in England and I remember reading they had a quota of British actors they to meet. Damien Lewis, Stephen Graham, Simon Pegg, James McAvoy, the guy who plays Moriarty in Sherlock (who I just looked up and is actually Irish). Every time I watch that series I recognize someone else who's gone on to other high profile projects.

Watch This is England with Stephen Graham if you get a chance. He's really great in it.

Schwazer

Reaction score

Rupert Friend who plays Quinn is British and also the actor who plays Estes as well.

A lot of British actors playing Americans have infiltrated American TV.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Rupert Friend who plays Quinn is British and also the actor who plays Estes as well.

A lot of British actors playing Americans have infiltrated American TV.

Somehow they nail the US accent, but doesn't seem to work the other way around.

I was blown away when I heard Idris Elba interviewed, he was in The Wire as Stringer Bell. I would have bet my house he grew up in a ghetto and was using it for the role. He remarked that he hid the fact he was British in the audition and they had no clue.

Schwazer

Reaction score

I was blown away when I heard Idris Elba interviewed, he was in The Wire as Stringer Bell. I would have bet my house he grew up in a ghetto and was using it for the role. He remarked that he hid the fact he was British in the audition and they had no clue.

Dominic West on The Wire is British too!

He and Damian Lewis studied together.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Britons are more used to the American accent than we are to the British accent. Just listen to basically any British rock music.

Schwazer

Reaction score
Who was the actress that played Bridget in Bridget Jones' Diary?

She did well with the accent.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Dominic West on The Wire is British too!

He and Damian Lewis studied together.

******* ****: McNulty was an infiltrator too? Mind blown.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads